TV to your PC convertor

This is where you can discuss anything besides CD-i related topics. Introduce yourself, discuss films, music, travel and get to know what interests the community has beyond CD-i.
Bas
CDinteractive Admin

TV to your PC convertor

Post by Bas » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:46 am

Do you have any experience in converting an analogue TV-signal (or, the CD-i analogue signal) to your PC?

I saw an USB adapter doing the job, although i doubt a little on its reliability, speed and quality (resolution). Does anyone have experience with this? The thing also costed like 60 euros, pretty expensive in my view but perhaps these are normal prices.

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:16 pm

I use an XTV2.0 which is excellent, would recommend going for the [yellow, red, white] audio visual connection however as it's better quality than a simple RF lead. Also a damned lot easier to "tune" for your PC to pickup the signal!
Last edited by Devin on Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:38 pm

Yes i mean also those 'tulips' red, yellow and white.... is yours also a USB adapter?

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:47 pm

Don't even go for a cheap USB 1.0 device, it's simply not worth it and can't keep up with the frame rate as I discovered a couple of years ago! You have to go for a USB 2.0 setup which gives me smooth playback when the CD-i is connected at around 30/FPS in NTSC mode.
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"