Edge 'File'!!

This is where you can discuss anything besides CD-i related topics. Introduce yourself, discuss films, music, travel and get to know what interests the community has beyond CD-i.
Merijn
CDinteractive Moderator

Edge 'File'!!

Post by Merijn » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:23 am

Hey all,

just picked up a copy of EDGE 'File'. Basically a collection of news features, previews, reviews and interviews from their first 12 issues (1993, 1994). Great stuff! I used to read Edge quite a lot back in the day, always hoping for some CDi bits and pieces (not much luck there, except for the occasional breadcrumb).. Threw away most of the old magazines, so this was kinda like a trip down memory lane..

but this is great! Big feature on Microcosm on PC/3DO/FM-towns (sadly no CD-i).; Quickly looked it over, saw a Voyeur preview and a Inca review for CD-i).. I'm kinda excited!

Its really Big (260 pages).. and chock full of retro greatness! Kinda expensive though, but well worth it in my opinion! Well.. highly recommended then.. just wanted to give you guys a heads up!

Merijn

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:39 am

I read about it in the last Edge issue, sounds very cool! But where did you get it? Is it just available in a dutch bookstore?

Oh, it's also on the site:"Edge presents File volume 1, the first in a series of special editions that bring together the best features, reviews, interviews and more from Edge’s long and colourful past, is now on sale. Clocking in at 260 pages, the first volume covers Edge issues 1 to 12 (1993–1994), and includes:

• Hardware features, with stories focusing on Jaguar, 3DO, Supergun, LaserActive, PC Engine and PlayStation
• Developer features, including visits to AM2, Sega, Namco, Argonaut and Bullfrog
• Game features on the likes of Microcosm, Mega Race and (yes) Rise Of The Robots
• Interviews with luminaries such as Trip Hawkins, David Braben and Jeff Minter
• Reviews of games including Street Fighter II Turbo, Gunstar Heroes, Super Mario Collection, Doom, Crash ’n Burn, Night Trap and Secret Of Mana
• The future of 3D graphics, the first ‘total reality’ ride, Retroview, and lots more."

Merijn
CDinteractive Moderator

Post by Merijn » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:19 pm

I picked it up at the AKO at Amsterdam Central Station, so I guess it'll be with most newsagents that normally also carry Edge..

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:21 pm

Cool, I'm going to keep my eyes open! Unfortunately there is only one place left in my neighbourhood where they have Edge. The station here only has GamesTM at Bruna, no AKO. Looks like I'm going to A'dam soon :)

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:56 pm

Yeah I picked up this, even though I have the complete collection of EDGE it's nice to flick through these in one handy volume!

The early issues of EDGE had quite alot of CD-i stuff, I imagine alot was cut for this re-release.