Comic Book movies?

This is where you can discuss anything besides CD-i related topics. Introduce yourself, discuss films, music, travel and get to know what interests the community has beyond CD-i.
phatrat1982
Softech Recruit

Comic Book movies?

Post by phatrat1982 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:09 am

Does anyone else think they are getting carried away with all the recent comic book movies? I don't mean just the Super Hero flicks and it isn't just Marvel everybody who sells comics these days also makes movies. Just curious if anyone else thinks they are over doing it a bit. I mean don't get me wrong I love X-Men and Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, Batman, and quit a few others but it seams like even the obscure nobody's are getting movies now.

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Trev » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:01 pm

I agree. It seems like every summer there are new comic superhero "blockbusters" to look forward to. :roll: I guess they'll keep making them as long as they are profitable ... or until they run out of characters.

Interite
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by Interite » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:39 pm

Totaly agree, especially this summer there seems to be way too many comic book movies coming out. Some of them do seem interesting but the majority just feel very mediocre. Like this Green Lantern one, which just seems like a vast of money.
Last edited by Interite on Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

phatrat1982
Softech Recruit

Post by phatrat1982 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:52 pm

Have you seen any this summer? I took my nephew to see Thor, now not a fan of Thor at all but the movie was half way decent although not really great either. I am kinda interested in Green Lantern and of course Transformers but I think I will pass on X-Men for a while cuz I don't want to ruin the other three by watching this like Wolverine almost did.

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Trev » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:32 pm

I'm taking my wife to see the new X-men this weekend. I'll let you know what I think.