Two questions

CD-i Emulator is the first fully evolving windows compatible emulator project of the Philips CD-i system. Discuss the emulator, compatibility issues, seek help and support to get the program operating and post what you'd like to see in future revisions of the program. CD-i players ROM (BIOS) requests, begging and links will not be tolerated. Otherwise feel free to post your thoughts on this amazing new piece of software.
Burn:Cycle Activated

Two questions

Post by . » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:06 pm

Firstly, when do you think you will let us have the emulator for free?

Secondly, when will it be able to use the keyboard?

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:35 pm

hi ".", now tell me: when you have worked on a product for AGES, do you like to just give it away for nothing? What kind of support is that! Show a little respect here and support the cd-i community and don't act like a baby. Stop whining about this money issue for the lot of god!

Ruekov
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Ruekov » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:35 pm

Firstly, thanks to CDi fan for the CDi emulator.

I think is more important have the code before have a freeware version of emulator. But CDiFan has created the program and worked a long time to make it, and is he free to do anything.

:D

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:57 pm

I can't speak for CD-i Fan but i'm partially glad that CD-i Emulator is commercial in the sense you pay a little for the privilege of a Base Case Emulation program with free updates on the horizon. You need the original CD-i player ROMS anyway to use in conjunction with the emulator so it is a niche market. Hopefully this payment scheme eliminates those that would use CD-i player ROMS illegally as is typcical in many emulation circles. In short we hope it breeds a responsible CD-i community spirit.
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"