Just stumbled on this project

CD-i Emulator is the first fully evolving windows compatible emulator project of the Philips CD-i system. Discuss the emulator, compatibility issues, seek help and support to get the program operating and post what you'd like to see in future revisions of the program. CD-i players ROM (BIOS) requests, begging and links will not be tolerated. Otherwise feel free to post your thoughts on this amazing new piece of software.
ledow
Burn:Cycle Activated

Just stumbled on this project

Post by ledow » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:43 pm

Thanks for this.

I'm in the middle of creating a PC-based project for, of all people, my parents. They have a lot of old consoles and handhelds that they would love to play but that are either too old to run, too complicated to set up or we don't have "modern" SCART cables etc. for. Therefore, it's really a pain to set up such old systems just to play a game, so I'm emulating as much as I can through a single PC with joystick adaptors etc. and a TV-Out. This has let them replay many a game that they already own, but for one reason or another can't set up or don't have several hours in which to do it.

I'm keen to try this out with their back-catalogue of CD-i titles especially because they have a favourite - Pac Panic. Fortunately, they kept all the original disks and consoles. Is there any update on how well Pac Panic works on this emulator? It would be great to be able to let them replay this classic again.

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:47 pm

Nice project, you going for one of those PC Cubes?

Anyway, in my experience Pac-Panic works fine under emulation. However there are issues with the sound which seems to cut out after the introduction screen never to return. Other than that gameplay works 100%, although this may vary from player ROM to ROM.
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"