Sound stops...

CD-i Emulator is the first fully evolving windows compatible emulator project of the Philips CD-i system. Discuss the emulator, compatibility issues, seek help and support to get the program operating and post what you'd like to see in future revisions of the program. CD-i players ROM (BIOS) requests, begging and links will not be tolerated. Otherwise feel free to post your thoughts on this amazing new piece of software.
jshafer817
Burn:Cycle Activated

Sound stops...

Post by jshafer817 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:09 pm

I am using this program and it has a problem playing sound while watching a video. It stops after 3-4 seconds..

Every so often the sound will come back for half a second... but then no sound...

Anyone know some command line switches I could possibly throw at it. I am using the 910 bios, but I do have access to an actual phillips cdi player I could use to get that bios and try it.

Very cool proggie.

jshafer817

Post by jshafer817 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:28 pm

Well I was wrong. The video stops playing too. I put it in Windows 98 emulation mode and it seems to play a little longer... but still stops.

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:21 pm

It happens with some games! What exactly are you using with CD-i Emulator?

jshafer817

Post by jshafer817 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:25 pm

Its some dental software called Caesy. This dentist I work with wants to be able to watch it without his CDI Player in the operatory.

It basically videos about crowns, fillings, x-rays etc. It has menus and then it shows the videos. Some videos play, and some stop..

The files have mm0 mm1 mm2 mm3 extentsions with the largest ones being mm3 file extensions... in the CDI folder. If that helps any. I used isobuster...

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:38 pm

Not that's interesting. Can you tell me the name of this CD-i player? It should be a golden logo if it's the player I'm thinking of.

Also you can't play Digital Video Sequences using CD-i Emulator. From the file extensions you described those should be playable through a regular version of Windows Media Player.

jshafer817

Post by jshafer817 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:39 am

I tried that for fun with vlcplayer... I renamed the file extensions to mpg and avi and it just opened... then closed... WMP couldnt play it either...

I know its a phillips... I will call him monday and find out.

WindowsKiller
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by WindowsKiller » Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:45 pm

jshafer817 wrote:The files have mm0 mm1 mm2 mm3 extentsions with the largest ones being mm3 file extensions... in the CDI folder. If that helps any. I used isobuster...
Most likely MediaMogul files. Not sure which format they are then, though -- but certainly not mpeg.