Problem making a readable image of The Apprentice

CD-i Emulator is the first fully evolving windows compatible emulator project of the Philips CD-i system. Discuss the emulator, compatibility issues, seek help and support to get the program operating and post what you'd like to see in future revisions of the program. CD-i players ROM (BIOS) requests, begging and links will not be tolerated. Otherwise feel free to post your thoughts on this amazing new piece of software.
eproxy
Burn:Cycle Activated

Problem making a readable image of The Apprentice

Post by eproxy » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:02 pm

I am trying to create a readable image of The Apprentice to play within the Emulator but no matter what app I use I am stuck on the error the file does not exists or is an unsupported format. I have an original disc

Any suggestions as to the exact settings and specific application needed to accomplish a working image would be greatly appreaciated.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:20 am

You know, The Apprentice is one of the notorious "CD-i Ready" discs and no single program likes these discs. The best solution is to use CloneCD and ignore any errors it might have creating an image.

Or, have you already tried this?

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:08 pm

It's a tough one!

You need CloneCD and a CD-ROM Drive capable of reading the CD Ready format. Give CloneCD a try, it has something like a 10 day trial for free so you can give it a go with no expense initially. Let us know how you get on.

eproxy

Post by eproxy » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:20 am

would it be possible to share the options and method? I created a new cd profile and have been trying dif settings with no luck. Clone cd is creating the IMG file but it will not load in the emu?

I am stumped

I am using
http://us.liteonit.com/us/index.php?opt ... &Itemid=67

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:08 pm

Like I said, this one is tough! :?

From the link it looks like CD-Ready is not supported as a readable format. I purchased a SONY drive specifically so that I could RIP the CD-Ready format when my old PC was retro-fitted. The only thing I can think of is to try another computer and CD-ROM drive if you have access to other PC tech. Then you might find a drive that works. What operating sustem are you using? If it's Windows 98 it might be worth inserting, ejecting and inserting the CD again! On the first run the CD is recognised as an AudioCD then after you eject/insert it doesn't. Crazy I know but it worked for me running either the American or European versions of CD-Ready games... can't remember which now!

eproxy

Post by eproxy » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:00 pm

I am going to have to use my old trusty Plextor on this one. Ill post the results :)

Using XPMCE2k5 tho I can see it being a rom drive issue. Its been years sice I have done anything with imaging and burning my cd-i titles. Just stoked to know this game is compatible in the emu

eproxy

Post by eproxy » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:46 am

Having the same issue of the IMG not loading thru the emu? Can anyone confirm this game is truly supported and if so can they share the settings used to create the supported IMG? devin: did you create a new cd profile in clone cd with specific setting adjustments if not what profile did you use? game, protected game, audio etc.... now using a Plextor PX-W1210A CDR

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:18 am

I did use certain settings. Selecting the read subchannel for audio and data tabs.

Have a good experiment and remember it takes time to create the ISO. Whenever CloneCD made a nonsense ISO for me it simply finished almost immediately after I clicked the 'start' button!

WindowsKiller
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by WindowsKiller » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:18 pm

I did it with CloneCD as well but didn't really care about the setting. I just let it read out the whole pregap, then I stopped the process and manually extracted the data track (which is inside the pregap).

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:44 pm

I also used CloneCD, just ignore the error. The final pregap image (without audio tracks) should be about 140 MB...

eproxy

Post by eproxy » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:23 pm

Issue resolved many thanks for the help everyone :)

And thank you cdifan for making this possible cant wait to see whats in store next :shock: