english roms help!

CD-i Emulator is the first fully evolving windows compatible emulator project of the Philips CD-i system. Discuss the emulator, compatibility issues, seek help and support to get the program operating and post what you'd like to see in future revisions of the program. CD-i players ROM (BIOS) requests, begging and links will not be tolerated. Otherwise feel free to post your thoughts on this amazing new piece of software.
Shroo-man
Sum Zero Barman

english roms help!

Post by Shroo-man » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:43 am

I downloaded Secret Mission ROM from the Team Sega site. But I overlooked the language it said it was actually in French. I realised this by the time I downloaded and burnt it. So then I downloaded the Voyeur ROM from the same site but this time it said the ROM was in English. So after a lengthy download of the 300+ MB file burnt it to CD and guess what - French again!!

I don't want to waste anymore time downloading French games because I have a dialup connection and these files take extremely long (and I don't speak french). I want play some other games in English besides the Zelda and Mario ones which I found somewhere else. So I'd like to ask anyone who downloaded from Team Sega if they know which of their CD-i ROMs are definately in English?

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:12 pm

you'd take games which didn't have a french translation! And you happen to get two games which do have been translated into french.
It may be better to show what games are possibly in french: Asterix, Burn:Cycle, Chaos Control, Earth Command, Tennis Open, Secret Mission, Thunder in Paradise, Voyeur, Zombie Dinos.

If you want to be sure a game is not english, don't get french producers, like Infogrames (Asterix), Microids (Secret Mission) and also POV games (Voyeur were in the beginning translated in different languages. Later on, games from 1995 onwards, most were multi-langual so you can choose at the start of the game.

Otherwise try google for a different source ;)

Shroo-man
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Shroo-man » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:46 pm

thanks Bas. All other games are English only then that helps a lot.
Otherwise try google for a different source Wink
I've searched everywhere on the net, and the sources who aren't only interested in Zelda and Mario are non English sites! typical Americans obsessed with Nintendo think the CD-i only has those 4 games.