CD-i Bios 220 problem

CD-i Emulator is the first fully evolving windows compatible emulator project of the Philips CD-i system. Discuss the emulator, compatibility issues, seek help and support to get the program operating and post what you'd like to see in future revisions of the program. CD-i players ROM (BIOS) requests, begging and links will not be tolerated. Otherwise feel free to post your thoughts on this amazing new piece of software.
Zhylo
Burn:Cycle Activated

CD-i Bios 220 problem

Post by Zhylo » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:13 pm

I finaly got the CD-i bios from my CD-i 220 :D but... when I place it in the "rom" folder in CD-i Emulator the usual error saying there is no/not a proper CD-i Bios in there. :S I renamed the .rom file to "220 bios" , could that have something to do with it? Anyway, if that's the problem, I need the old name, cause I no longer have the cable I used (homemade-trash-falling-apart-***tty-cable :))

This is my first time using the emulator. I actually was going to use it to play the games I have, that recuire a DVC (witch I dont have :() with it. But then again, there is no DVC support, right? I cant play, lets say: Lost eden or Thunder In Paradise? (My favs :D:D:D)

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:36 pm

The file name the file "cdi220.rom"; that should do the trick if it is from a supported CD-i 220 player (the emulator autodetects the specific ROM type).

The post really belongs in the Emulator support forum...

Zhylo
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by Zhylo » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:38 pm

Ok, I also thought that after I posted it, but then again, I had already posted it :P

Thanks for the help, will see if it works :)

EDIT: Woot, It does :D All YAY in front of the great CD-i author :P