need help on emulator games

CD-i Emulator is the first fully evolving windows compatible emulator project of the Philips CD-i system. Discuss the emulator, compatibility issues, seek help and support to get the program operating and post what you'd like to see in future revisions of the program. CD-i players ROM (BIOS) requests, begging and links will not be tolerated. Otherwise feel free to post your thoughts on this amazing new piece of software.
Kasui
Burn:Cycle Activated

need help on emulator games

Post by Kasui » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:54 pm

okay, i got the emulator, but i can't seem to find any games...
this is quite frustrating. it was hard enough finding that bastard...
i really wanna try the zelda series games on the cdi.
can anyone post me links to those cdi games? i can't seem to find any working ones...or ones that don't require payment...not to mention an instruction manual, incase the game is an ass and refuses to co-operate.
sorry for swearing, it was around nearly 01:00 am when i posted this...
EDIT: please don't tell me to go back to google, he failed me for the last time.

Erronous
CDinteractive Moderator

Re: need help on emulator games

Post by Erronous » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:52 am

Kasui wrote:okay, i got the emulator, but i can't seem to find any games...
You could have asked, actually it is quite simple to find at http://www.cdiemu.org/
can anyone post me links to those cdi games? i can't seem to find any working ones...
It's kind of a secret, but you can find almost all games right here:

Philips CD-i

Kasui

Post by Kasui » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:47 pm

Erronous wrote:
You could have asked, actually it is quite simple to find at http://www.cdiemu.org/
can anyone post me links to those cdi games? i can't seem to find any working ones...
It's kind of a secret, but you can find almost all games right here:

Philips CD-i
no offense you being a mod and all, but i /r/equested EMULATOR links NOT ebay. i don't and won't have the cash to buy them there for a while.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:44 pm

Hello Kasui, check your PM's :D

Kasui

okays, let's rephrase that...

Post by Kasui » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:54 pm

pm me links, or post em here. on emulator, not online stores. I CURRENTLY DO NOT HAVE THE CASH FOR THAT! finnish or english links please! i don't speak russia or germany or france or whatever other languages. thanks in advance.
p.s. i got 4 pmed links, which only 1/4 i could understand, but they had full users on the site. i couldn't register. -.-

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:31 pm

kid, you sound rude and spoilt. Nobody is going to help you this way.

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:36 pm

I suspect you had trouble finding the emulator because it's the version that has been distributed without payment forthcoming to its author.

I'm afraid we don't offer support for this distribution and we do not allow links for ISO of games on this forum. However we whole heartedly support the distribution of freeware software for the CD-i such as the rastersoft demos and also anything else an author and owner of CD-i IP deems freely available. One such piece of software we have in the works so keep those eyes peeled!

eproxy

Post by eproxy » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:54 pm

i really wanna try the zelda series games on the cdi.
can anyone post me links to those cdi games? i can't seem to find any working ones...or ones that don't require payment...not to mention an instruction manual, incase the game is an ass and refuses to co-operate.
sorry for swearing, it was around nearly 01:00 am when i posted this...
EDIT: please don't tell me to go back to google, he failed me for the last time.
Support ppl and pay for stuff! It's simple and the titles are not costly either so there is no need to complain here...

Read "the book" buddy

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:11 pm

Kasui wrote:okay, i got the emulator [...]
it was hard enough finding that bastard...
You are referring to a cracked version, right? You certainly didn't buy a full version from me.
Could you perhaps explain why I should care that it was hard to find?

For the record, the CD-i Emulator Home page is the first link on the Google results for "CD-i emulator"...

Kasui

Post by Kasui » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:38 pm

cdifan wrote:
Kasui wrote:okay, i got the emulator [...]
it was hard enough finding that bastard...
You are referring to a cracked version, right? You certainly didn't buy a full version from me.
Could you perhaps explain why I should care that it was hard to find?

For the record, the CD-i Emulator Home page is the first link on the Google results for "CD-i emulator"...
*sigh* i downloaded the latest version from your site. maybe your ip trackers (if you have them) didn't regonize/log it. i haven't really tested out the software yet. because, i have lot of other things to buy and replace and my to do list. besides, since it's pay-to-use to program, (probaly, haven't tested it yet) i don't know when the license will start or expire. im just extending the lasting of your product.
im still testing it, and i got no games. what would be the use of licensing it if not knowing wether it allows me to download/buy the games or not? im not entirely sure if i should or will invest in it (buy the real cdi thing, games or your stuff... etc.)in the meanwhile, i'll be waiting for results on possible freeware full version in the future, also into finding the games... despite the fact it may take some time. shortly, im not sure if i should invest in an old technology re-creation thats not fully complete. and i haven't analyzed or gotten any kind of comprehension of it's worth yet.

one last time for the record, READ CAREFULLY: not enough resources at the current time, not sure if it's worth it and i have lot of other stuff to buy/replace. i will not repeat myself on the matter again.

Kasui

before you reply

Post by Kasui » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:54 pm

like the title says, before you reply read this:
i currently need to save up about maybe 200 or 300€ if more to buy a windows cd to fix my computer. i really don't have the funds right now. maybe later i'll look into your project investment.

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:18 pm

Well your message was quite confusing! :roll:

I'd suggest CD-i Emulator is more for the enthusiast rather than a passing interest. It's a very sophisticated piece of software, but if your only after playing the Zelda games then a decent and cheap 400 series CD-i player with a controller might be your best bet. Although it sounds like you have more pressing priorities!

Kasui

^.^

Post by Kasui » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:15 am

Devin wrote:Well your message was quite confusing! :roll:

I'd suggest CD-i Emulator is more for the enthusiast rather than a passing interest. It's a very sophisticated piece of software, but if your only after playing the Zelda games then a decent and cheap 400 series CD-i player with a controller might be your best bet. Although it sounds like you have more pressing priorities!
exactly. thanks for understanding, i tried to make it very simple to understand. as i mentioned, i really can't afford the consol or games from online stores...maybe later. but in the meanwhile, i hope you pm me links for the emulator games and help how to use/install the thing properly (still very confused how the damn thing works. sorry for swearing again) this is just a temporary solution for the while being. thank for being so kind and understanding of my current situation. i've recently, been in a real tight spot with several rocks and hard spots. (not completely literally)
and about the zelda games, well... i just have a personal intrest for the serie. and i wanna be able to test out these suckers as well. and maybe some others for the cdi.