Setting emulation speed cap

CD-i Emulator is the first fully evolving windows compatible emulator project of the Philips CD-i system. Discuss the emulator, compatibility issues, seek help and support to get the program operating and post what you'd like to see in future revisions of the program. CD-i players ROM (BIOS) requests, begging and links will not be tolerated. Otherwise feel free to post your thoughts on this amazing new piece of software.
Avarghaladion
Burn:Cycle Activated

Setting emulation speed cap

Post by Avarghaladion » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:01 am

I've been looking at the readmes and messing with options but I'm having an issue where emulation speed exceeds 500% a lot of the time. Is this to be expected or can I cap it at 100%. The audio plays at normal speed but this causes the video to be completely out of sync.

Thanks

opt_fr_
Softech Recruit

Post by opt_fr_ » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:29 pm

Hello Avarghaladion,

I have the same issue than you since I bought a new computer. I tried compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3 but it didn't work.

However I managed to get decent sampling by running the emulator under virtual-box emulating Windows XP 32bits (but the mouse control seems quite TRICKY - perhaps that is because emulation in emulation ? - thus it should not really be a good workaround at this day even if you own a good specs).

Good luck, I hope we will find another way to run it nicely.