CdiTronik Project down

CD-i Emulator is the first fully evolving windows compatible emulator project of the Philips CD-i system. Discuss the emulator, compatibility issues, seek help and support to get the program operating and post what you'd like to see in future revisions of the program. CD-i players ROM (BIOS) requests, begging and links will not be tolerated. Otherwise feel free to post your thoughts on this amazing new piece of software.
Ruekov
Karmic Church Disciple

CdiTronik Project down

Post by Ruekov » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:03 pm

oddity wrote:Bonjour.

Juste un message pour dire que j'arrête tout. J'arrête l'émulation, j'arrête le projet CDi-Tronik, j'arrête Gametronik...

En me connectant à internet ce matin, j'ai reçu plus de 175 mails d'insultes en tout genre provenant de membres de Gametronik.

Je passe sur ceux me traitant de "sale voleur" (si j'ai quelque chose à régler avec neurosis, je le règle avec lui et pas avec je ne sais quel clampin !) pour m'arrêter sur les 57 mails me traitant, je cite, de: "Sale Mytho, gros co***rd qui sé mem pa fair 3 mot de code, abrutis (je savais pas que j'étais plusieurs), fils de (la plage), enc***, il é ou ton ému kon te le foot o cu ?...)

Vous croyez quoi ? Vous pensez peut être qu'il suffit de se mettre devant son PC pendant une heure pour pondre un émulateur fonctionnel ?

ca fait bientot quatre mois que je me prends la tête sur ce projet et franchement je suis déçu, TRES déçu !

Quelques uns d'entre vous m'ont soutenu (Segaman Reborn, Guigui, Xajo (MERCI MON TCHEUM !) et Lenny en tête) mais les autres ne méritent que mon plus profond mépris !

J'ai sacrifié beaucoup de choses à ce projet et je ne pensais pas que certains gametroniens auraient l'idée de faire ça... D'autre part, je pensais que gametronik était un forum de passionnés mais plus ça va et plus ça se dégrade. Entre les gueguerres de pouvoir, les leechers, les posers, les faux posteurs, je trouve, pour moi, que l'esprit n'y est plus et c'est dommage... Mais ce n'est qu'un avis personnel qui n'engage que moi.

Je suis vraiment attristé et ma décision est prise, je quitte DEFINITIVEMENT ce forum et la scène émulation comme mes amis Eggman, Elumniclick, Rommation et d'autres membres du projet Lazarus.

Adieu .
Je suis tres desolée... :( this is bad. Some people havebad things and only does damage to others.
I want a CDi emulator, but not they devolopers have bad people around.

Erronous
CDinteractive Moderator

Post by Erronous » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:17 pm

Ehm, my French is pretty bad and putting this through babelfish doesn't really clear up things. So this guy was also going to release a CD-i emulator and announced a few days before the planned releasedate (6 August) that he was stopping the project?

Aha, found it:
http://www.gametronik.com/site/news-681 ... onik_.html

The translation is horrible to read, but is he claiming he wrote it in 10 days or so?!?

And if I remembered correctly, it it not legal to offer commercial CD-i games for download.

Ruekov
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Ruekov » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:26 pm

Yes...

(about isos of CDi for direct download... it's good think but very ilegal and makes a lot of problems)

CDiemu rulez!!

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:19 pm

If I read it correctly, he wrote the basic 680xx emulation (without on-chip devices) in 10 days; that seems about possible (I spent more time on it, but that was in the very early stages and I wanted to get things "right").

From reading the link, I get the impression that he used an approach much like my own (hardware emulation with a ROM image) but mostly did the "documented" parts (CPU and MCD 212) whereas I did a large amount of reverse engineering. It also seems that he wrote in PC assembly language, whereas CD-i Emulator is written entirely in C++.

Overdrive_X
Softech Recruit

Re: CdiTronik Project down

Post by Overdrive_X » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:35 am

Here is the translation :

Hi,

Just a message to tell people i stop everything. I stop emulation, i stop cd-itronik project, and i quit gametronik. When i was connecting on the web this morning i got more than 175 insult email from Gametronik members. I pass by people who say i am a thief. If i have something to deal with neurosis i will deal with him not with forums members. Next sentence is also about bad email he recived.....

What are you thinking ? You think i have to stay in front of my computer for an hour to do a fully fonctional emulator ?

It's gonna be four month that i lost my head on this project and seriously i am disapointed.

Some of you stay cool on bad time Segaman Reborn, Guigui, Xajo,Lenny but the other don't deserve anything.

I spend a lot of time and sacrifice a lot of thing for this project. I never thinked some forums people would do that. Otherwise i thinked gametronik was a geek forums but it's all the oposite (author ideologie)

I made my decision , i definitivly QUIT the emulation scene and this forum

Adieu ,

**** I cut some sentense just to translate the major part of it ****

Ruekov
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Ruekov » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:30 pm

Actualy exist two proyects of emulator.

The frist, and the most wanted is your emulator cdifan. I hope with your project and I want to test it (when will be published?).

The two was made by some one, I have it in "interest webs" and I lost it.

And remember, I interested in translate the emulator to spanish :wink:.

PD: Is CDi Emu compatible with Gruding CDI rom?

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:28 am

The Grundig player was supposedly a version of the Philips CD-i 220 which could be compatible, depending on the exact 220 revision. Not all the 220 revisions are working yet, but it is looking promising.

I don't know about any other emulator projects except iCD-i by game_hunter that you can find here, but he has not even started programming and is waiting for CD-i Emulator to come out first.

My emulator is still slated for an early september release...

Ruekov
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Ruekov » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:46 pm

cdifan wrote:The Grundig player was supposedly a version of the Philips CD-i 220 which could be compatible, depending on the exact 220 revision. Not all the 220 revisions are working yet, but it is looking promising.

Yes, it's the same ciruit with philips logo inside :lol:.
cdifan wrote:I don't know about any other emulator projects except iCD-i by game_hunter that you can find here, but he has not even started programming and is waiting for CD-i Emulator to come out first.
ok, it is this page.
cdifan wrote:My emulator is still slated for an early september release...
Thanks ;)