Emulator doesn't work

CD-i Emulator is the first fully evolving windows compatible emulator project of the Philips CD-i system. Discuss the emulator, compatibility issues, seek help and support to get the program operating and post what you'd like to see in future revisions of the program. CD-i players ROM (BIOS) requests, begging and links will not be tolerated. Otherwise feel free to post your thoughts on this amazing new piece of software.
SirGraham
Burn:Cycle Activated

Emulator doesn't work

Post by SirGraham » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:20 am

It says I need a ROM for it or something. I don't know if I'm allowed to ask for it or not, but since if I don't ask for it I can't use the emulator anyway, here goes: can anyone please help me find a ROM for the emulator? I want to run the Secret Mission ISO that I have!
Thanx :)

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:52 am

The Bios/ROM is copyrighted, you have to get one by yourself out of your own cd-i player. Don't post links to illegal websites where you can download them on the forum!

the other threads on this forum are full of information on how to get the rom out of your cd-i player.

Foleyjo

Post by Foleyjo » Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:15 pm

Couldnt someone make a deal with philips to sell a software version of the ROM? Like with some of the Amiga emulators where you have to purchase the ROMs before using them (Fellow I think does this)

Nemesis

Emulator doesn't work

Post by Nemesis » Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:31 pm

I am having a problem with the emulator freezing before the rom is loaded,the bios seems to boot fine,when i try to load rom it freezes on the screen just after the cd is shown being loaded.

It seems as if its stopping just before rom is loaded-any ideas?
Last edited by Nemesis on Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:35 am, edited 4 times in total.

unblestone

Post by unblestone » Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:50 pm

Great piece of work!

But the emulator doesn't seem to work correctly with a CD-i 450 bios. The rom itself is working, but I can't start any game with it. It's working fine with a CD-i 205 bios, however. :)

SirGraham

Post by SirGraham » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:37 pm

What if my CD-i is broken and I can't extract the ROM from it? If I had a working CD-i, I don't think I need the emulator!

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:42 pm

is it possible that i might be missing part of the bios, how many files is it supposed to be i only have one? (My file is approximately 512kb)

collect-o-maniac

Post by collect-o-maniac » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:27 pm

nemesis..... If it shows the intro screen i.e cd-disc going into the slot and displays philips logo then freezes this suggests that either the file is corrupt or the game is not compatible (yet). I ran into this a couple of times when testing games (well - quite a few times) and my rips are from my own collection so should`nt be corrupt.

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:25 pm

This is a multi-response; you people are certainly asking question!

Some people have been trying to make a deal with Philips, but the problem is that there is a large amount of non-Philips code in those ROMs...

The CD-i 450 problem is known and documented in the RELNOTES file; there is a workaround for it.

The CD-i player needs to be very broken before you can no longer extract the ROM; the upload process needs only the processor and memory, broken video outputs, cd trays, etc etc don't matter at all. I have successfully uploaded the ROM from my broken 450 (it has no video output).

CD-i system ROM files (BIOS) are almost always 512K; extension or DV cartridge ROMs are smaller but not all players have them.

Nemesis, what CD-i title are you having problems with?

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:44 am

Games i have tried to run(1) The Apprentice (2)Tetris (3)Hotel Mario (4)Dimos Quest (5)Mario's wacky worlds -Maybe i Should try faces of Evil?

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:52 am

I haven't tried Tetris but all the other titles you listed work fine with CD-i Emulator. Perhaps the fault is with the way your extracting an ISO from your CD-i discs?

Also I assume you open the ISO through the "File" menu of CD-i Emulator then click on the Start function from the "Emulate" menu.

From the "options", "settings" menu try ticking the box that says "Play CD-i Disc" this option skips the player shell and goes straight into the ISO your running.
Last edited by Devin on Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:03 am

Problem solved,I wasnt pressing a button on the controller to by-pass the intro animation,i didnt know there was controller support for this emulator, generally there is an option to config controller in most emulators this one seems to not have that option.

Next time i will read documentation before jumping to conclusions.