Microid's Secret Mission supposed to work?

CD-i Emulator is the first fully evolving windows compatible emulator project of the Philips CD-i system. Discuss the emulator, compatibility issues, seek help and support to get the program operating and post what you'd like to see in future revisions of the program. CD-i players ROM (BIOS) requests, begging and links will not be tolerated. Otherwise feel free to post your thoughts on this amazing new piece of software.
SirGraham
Burn:Cycle Activated

Microid's Secret Mission supposed to work?

Post by SirGraham » Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:13 pm

I have a CDI910 ROM and I transferred the game from an NRG image to a BIN/QUE imgae (by mounting the NRG in a Daemon Tools virtual drive and then extracting BIN/QUE with CDRWin). When I load the BIN in the emulator, I think it recognizes the game because it says Secret Mission in the top bar, but when I press play. alot of numbers are running but the screen remains black. I waited 3 minutes and still nothing came up. Incidentally, the same thig happened when I mounted the NRG itself without transferring it to BIN/QUE first.
Any ideas?

And another thing, I have a 2-disc set of Hunt for the Red October movie for CD-i, but it probably won't work in the emulator, will it?

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:51 pm

I don't know about Secret Mission specifically, but hanging at the first screen occurs with many CD-i titles. Guess this one isn't compatible...

If CD-i Emulator displays the title of the disc, it should have recognized the disc image file correctly, and NRG track-at-once images are supposed to be supported (it worked with the few I've tried it with).

The Hunt for Red October discs require the Digital Video cartridge and won't work until DV support is implemented (will be some time).

oaacdi
Softech Recruit

Plays fine

Post by oaacdi » Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:23 pm

Secret Mission plays fine with my 220 F3, but you need to make a fast click as soon as the Microids bumper shows.
Last edited by oaacdi on Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

SirGraham
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by SirGraham » Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:12 pm

The Microids bumper didn't show...

oaacdi
Softech Recruit

Will try in other roms

Post by oaacdi » Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:11 am

I will try it in my 910 rom tomorrow when I get home.

oaacdi
Softech Recruit

Re: Will try in other roms

Post by oaacdi » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:45 pm

I tested this title on cdi910a, cdi350a, cdi220b and it does not play! Only on the cdi220c.rom, as long as you click the Philips and the Microids bumpers.
oaacdi wrote:I will try it in my 910 rom tomorrow when I get home.