whats the best type of cd image to play?

CD-i Emulator is the first fully evolving windows compatible emulator project of the Philips CD-i system. Discuss the emulator, compatibility issues, seek help and support to get the program operating and post what you'd like to see in future revisions of the program. CD-i players ROM (BIOS) requests, begging and links will not be tolerated. Otherwise feel free to post your thoughts on this amazing new piece of software.
adi
Burn:Cycle Activated

whats the best type of cd image to play?

Post by adi » Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:10 pm

im playing wand of gameon with a bin/cue and it runs a bit jerky in gameplay, is there any way of makign it run smoother?

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:34 pm

The type of image really doesn't matter much; the supported formats are all basically "raw sector" formats, there's no decompression involved.

The horsepower of your PC might make a difference, what kind of FPS are you getting?

Or it could be the joystick/mouse emulation, what are you using?

adi

Post by adi » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:19 pm

im using the mouse, and the curser seems to jump arround too i guess thats from the lagging, im not sure what the frame rate it, which one of them at the top is that? i muted the sound and it runs a bit better i think, but the arrow keys woudl realy be useful instead of the mouse

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:31 pm

The frame rate is the XX/50 or XX/60 at the top. If its usually at 10/XX, your PC is definitely too slow (this is the minimum rendering rate enforced by the emulator).

If turning off the sound helps, this is probably the case.

Arrow keys are on the list for the next version, but that won't help if your machine is too slow. My guess is that around 1.5GHz is sort of the minimum requirement.

adi

Post by adi » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:28 pm

it is runnig at about 10/50 btu its an AMD Athlon 2200 with 512 ddr ram, not the best Pc but should be good enough to run it, any chance of a dos version of this emulator? or a frame skip like on other console emulators,
im not sure how easy it would be to make any of that my programming is very basic

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:56 pm

It does have frame skip; 10/50 is just the minimum of what I considered "reasonable". On a very fast PC you'll get 50/50, my development PC doesn't normally get above 25/50...

Don't understand why it's so slow, though; your PC ought to be able to handle it...

adi

Post by adi » Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:21 pm

could it be the rom/bios file im using a
cdi910.rom

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:31 pm

Doubt that, it works fine for me...