WANTED: CD-i Recording Device

Sell, trade or buy CD-i related items through this forum. All sales and trades are strictly private transactions, CDinteractive, Black Moon and the associated network accept no responsibility if a dispute arises from such transactions which are taken at your own risk.
banna
Burn:Cycle Activated

WANTED: CD-i Recording Device

Post by banna » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:37 pm

Hey there,

I am new to the topic CD-i. Because of circumstances I am now interested in (professional) Recording Device or Software. Anybody there who can give me a hint, where there is a possibility to buy someone.

Thx and kind regards
Denise

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:58 pm

Recording Device or Software...

Like ... a PC and Nero? Or the dev kits?

welcome, you'll love CD-i :lol:

WindowsKiller
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by WindowsKiller » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:23 pm

There was no special recording device for the CD-i. The CD-i 180 had a SCSI port where a Philips CD recorder could be attached to burn CDs directly with the CD-i 180, but that's it.

banna
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by banna » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:40 am

to BAS: Yeah, something like this. What are DEV KITS? I read Toast 6 or 7 will be an able Software for that.

to Windowskiller: thank you for that inform. That means I buy both devices - and it should work again?

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:09 am

banna wrote:to BAS: Yeah, something like this. What are DEV KITS? I read Toast 6 or 7 will be an able Software for that.
The professional players can do more than the consumer models, but as Windowskiller hints at, it's not going to be easy. You want to write your own programs, or rather copy your current ones? Previous attempts showed it's an amazingly difficult task to get something working on CD-i, handmade.
to Windowskiller: thank you for that inform. That means I buy both devices - and it should work again?
Technically, yes, but it's a hell of a hardware kit. You would be the first one being able to do something effectively with it. I remember the struggling I had with Microcosm at Michiel's home, with all the equipment installed and such, and in the end we had to cancel it.

So Banna, what are your plans with it?

I think it'll expect a lot of know-how before you can use it wisely.

WindowsKiller
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by WindowsKiller » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:52 am

banna wrote:to Windowskiller: thank you for that inform. That means I buy both devices - and it should work again?
Not without any software. The recording device you would need is a Philips CDD 521 (I have one, I may sell it). But then, you'd better use "CD-IT! for CD-i", which is a CD-i burning program for Macintosh computers with support for the CDD 521. I guess it was used back then as well.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:04 pm

OK, since the conversion is not really about selling, trading or buying, please continue here (I've moved the topic, thank you)