Japanese CD-i "Cyber Soldier Sharaku"

Sell, trade or buy CD-i related items through this forum. All sales and trades are strictly private transactions, CDinteractive, Black Moon and the associated network accept no responsibility if a dispute arises from such transactions which are taken at your own risk.
Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Japanese CD-i "Cyber Soldier Sharaku"

Post by Bas » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:28 am

If you want a rare piece of CD-i, you might like this auction:

look here

If anyone can tell me what this is about, I'm eager to find out!

Shroo-man
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Shroo-man » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:53 am

wow that is a great find. I already snapped it up. I can't believe you didn't buy this yourself though! :shock:

K1ngArth3r
Sum Zero Barman

Post by K1ngArth3r » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:14 pm

This looks like Escape from Cyber City, Is it the Jap version? or is this a Jap exclusive?

Great find :)

Merijn
CDinteractive Moderator

Post by Merijn » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:58 am

Wow what on earth is that! It doens't look like cybercity, the screenshots on the back don't look familiar.... very interested in seeing what this is! Yeah Bas, why didn't you snap this one up yourself?

Shroo-man, will you keep us informed?!!

K1ngArth3r
Sum Zero Barman

Post by K1ngArth3r » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:07 am

Ok, I found a cartoon with the same name, looks about the same as whats on the back of the jewal case.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_L_eTFQPz ... re=related

Wonder if this is a video of the cartoon or actually a game?

Shroo-man
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Shroo-man » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:17 am

will definitely keep everyone informed merjin! it very possibly could be a vcd especially since the screenshots on the back are in a film strip. or it could be a cartoon game with fmv sequences. either way any japanese software is extremely rare so I'd still be happy with it even if it is a movie.

K1ngArth3r
Sum Zero Barman

Post by K1ngArth3r » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:29 am

I agree :) It's exciting either way!
Can't wait to find out what it plays like.

Shroo-man
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Shroo-man » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:42 am

I've just received it today and it is a game. Plays kinda like Kingdom but its much more entertaining even though I can't understand the language. It's much like a point and click adventure in 3rd person perspective but without an inventory. Its a fairly easy game I was able to finish it in about an hour. In the near future I'll make a video of it and upload it to youtube.

K1ngArth3r
Sum Zero Barman

Post by K1ngArth3r » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:44 pm

Nice :)

I was hoping it was a game :)

Looking forward to the videos!

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:26 am

It sounds like something like Golgo 13, that other Japanese game. In the list of japanese CD-i games I posted at Interactive Dreams once, it sais there are more 'interactive cartoons' available of classic japanese manga films. Very nice, and I admit, I shouldn't have posted the link but buying it myself. Oh well, I'm sure you're willing to post a few pics of the cover, back-cover, and some screenshots ;) ?

Shroo-man
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Shroo-man » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:36 am

sure no problem, its the least I can do. I'll take some photos tomorrow, but the screenshots will just be a photo of the screen as I dont have a video capture card. although if it works on the emulator I could get easily get good screenshots. it doesnt work with my current bios rom but ill try again once I find an NTSC bios.

I think we need to get more japanese CD-i stuff into circulation so we can find out if there are any more exclusive games like this. I've tried searching yahoo japan auctions but I've never found anything CD-i related except a Sony IVO-V10. Must learn how to find stuff on yahoo japan because they are much too rare on eBay