Looking for a CD-i Controller and 22ER9141 Video Cartridge

Sell, trade or buy CD-i related items through this forum. All sales and trades are strictly private transactions, CDinteractive, Black Moon and the associated network accept no responsibility if a dispute arises from such transactions which are taken at your own risk.
espin
Burn:Cycle Activated

Looking for a CD-i Controller and 22ER9141 Video Cartridge

Post by espin » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:34 am

Hi everyone!

I'm brand new to this forum and brand new to CD-i gaming! I recently found a very nice working CD-i 220 model and I've had some excellent luck picking up some games to get me started (Hotel Mario, Burn Cycle, Kether, Mutant Rampage Bodyslam, etc.) but I don't have a controller and have had no luck finding one locally or even in Canada so far!

Some of the ebay prices are pretty crazy even before shipping overseas and I was hoping this forum could help me out. I've been a retro game collector and player for many years and I always hoped I'd stumble across a CD-i. I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada and CD-i was not too common in Canada. Feel free to shoot me a message if anyone can help! I can pay Paypal or maybe someone can steer me to an online retailer that won't destroy my bank account.

Thanks! :D

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Trev » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:07 am

Welcome to the forum. I wish I had better news for you concerning Cd-i controllers but as you've seen already they tend to be not so easy to find, and expensive when you do. I think no matter where you ultimately find one, it will be pricey. :( I do wish you success though.
"Third down, bases are loaded, and we're pullin' the goalie!"

Alan_Eng
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Alan_Eng » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:27 pm

How are you doing Trev? Are you still into the Secret Mission game? I think it's one of the hardest adventure games I've ever played. Great though.

espin

Post by espin » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:20 am

My search continues for a Cdi controller or gamepad! Ebay auctions are getting pretty crazy lately and it just seems silly that a used controller is fetching such high prices. I'd just like to play some of my games without having to really break the bank. Anyone out there have a working controller they would sell? I keep thinking I'm going to find one in Canada, but no luck so far.

espin

Post by espin » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:43 am

I tried to reply to your PMs, but they seem to be staying in my Outbox instead of sending to you. Here's the reply in case you don't get it:

Hi Alan,

Thanks for getting back to me so fast, I'm definitely interested. I've owned my Cdi for a while now and I have a half dozen games I'd really like to play, but no luck finding a controller. CDi was not really adopted much in Canada. What would you charge as a total for one to be shipped to Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada? Also, is this the 3 button gamepad, or the Gravis style controller?

Thanks!

Alan_Eng
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Alan_Eng » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:00 pm

Thanks for your message. I've sent you a PM.