CD-i Full Functional Specification (Green Book)

The definitive Philips CD-i technical resource and the longest standing CD-i website in history. Suggest content, articles, technical information or any other material you would like to see on the ICDIA. Discuss the available resources on the ICDIA and anything related to this historical website.
cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

CD-i Full Functional Specification (Green Book)

Post by cdifan » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:04 pm

Added section containing CD-i Full Functional Specification (Green Book) documents:

Compact Disc Interactive Full Functional Specification - May 1994
This document is the official specification of the CD-i system. It was originally licensed under strict non-disclosure agreements but has been freely available online since at least August 2011.

Changes from March, 1993 to May, 1994
This document lists the changes between the March, 1993 and the May, 1994 version of the "CD-I Full Functional Specification", adding the DC_SetAR function and FMV-related CSD attributes and clarifying and correcting some minor issues.

Changes from September, 1990 to March, 1993
This document lists the changes between the September, 1990 and the March, 1993 version of the "CD-I Full Functional Specification", adding chapter IX on FMV and clarifying and correcting lots of minor issues according to the implementation of CD-RTOS 1.1.

Recommendation for the implementation of full motion
This document recommends the combination of the FMV extension with a 1MB RAM extension. This combination is present in all released FMV cartridges and players with built-in FMV capability.