Disc building, emulation and burning

The definitive Philips CD-i technical resource and the longest standing CD-i website in history. Suggest content, articles, technical information or any other material you would like to see on the ICDIA. Discuss the available resources on the ICDIA and anything related to this historical website.
cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Disc building, emulation and burning

Post by cdifan » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:45 pm

Added the following documents to the Authoring Manuals section:

Disc Building Installation for Sun Workstations
This document describes the installation and verification procedures of master, cdedit and emulate for Sun Workstations.

master - Disc Building for Sun Workstations
This manual describes the process of generating disc images for CD-I using the master utility. This utility reads a script file that controls the creation of realtime files and the placement of CD-I assets in the disc image and from this creates the disc image containing the assets and realtime files.

cdedit - Disc Building for Sun Workstations
This manual describes the cdedit utility that allows you to replace files in the disc image after it has been created with master. The utility also provides numerous diagnostic tools to examine a disc image or realtime file.

Emulation for Sun Workstations
This manual explains how to emulate a disc image file using emulate or emutool. An appendix of technical notes is included for those who wish to have a more indepth understanding of emulator operation.

CDD 521 Recording Software for Sun Workstations
This manual explains how to install your recording hardware and software and how to record a disc image using cdr521 or emutool.