Retrogamer Anthology

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Retrogamer Anthology

Post by Devin » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:13 pm

I haven't seen it for myself yet but a story heavily influenced from Merijns work investigating the Super Mario's Wacky World prototype as published on Black Moon has been released as part of an anthology issue for RetroGamer Magazine thanks to John Szczepaniak. You can find a few comments relating to the article on the RetroGamer Forums in this Thread. I'll be picking up my copy on sunday so i'll post my thoughts then!

All good news and focuses the retrogaming nerds attention to the CD-i format! :D
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:19 pm

that's really fast! I thought we had to wait for at least a couple of months! I hope someone tells me where to buy it in Holland! Otherwise can you pick an extra copy :D ??

btw, did you get issue 41 of Games(tm)? It's still not available here! The site is up again, however...

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:29 pm

Sure, i'll pick one up for you! GamesTM last issue with Highbury was the 40th I think with the four alternative covers. New issue due out soon through Imagine Publishing. I know one guy that's working on one of the regular columns under the new management so the relaunch is well underway.

Here's a snippet of the "New Features", most of the content is old material from previous issues but the SMWW story is all new to RetroGamer...

Typical sensationalist journalism :roll: hopefully the article John did will stay intact for the most part but magazines do have a habbit of editing these things and making them inaccurate which is my only fear! All publicity for the CD-i anyway in my view.

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:32 pm

Posted the news on Black Moon, it's a really smart article and probably the most accurate that has ever been published in commercial press to date. As you can see from the preview shot posted on Black Moon they did a sweet job on the graphical look incorporating images from Super Mario's Wacky Worlds levels to great effect. You'll have to buy your own copy to read the full feature, I only published a preview shot to give you a feel for the article. It's very cool, some vindication for the work we do promoting CD-i to retrogaming circles with Kudos to Merijn with his interviews and John Szczepaniak for his continued support of our obscure gaming platform! :D

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:52 pm

oh yes, this is one to be proud of!! I'm sure Merijn will love it! I hope at a time they find other CD-i stories (not headed by a Nintendo mascotte) interesting enough to publish! Otherwise, with the recent finds about the Nintendo history a follow-up is attractive as well!

A small nice detail I noticed is the link to http://blackmoonproject.co.uk! Very nice, it's a start at least to the new website!

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:57 pm

Thought i'd get that one in print over the Game Spy one!

Merijn
CDinteractive Moderator

Post by Merijn » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:25 pm

Hey yeah that is great!!! Finally some recognition for our little CDi! Thanx Devin for putting your work into getting that published! Looking forward to a GamesTM feature too, since I cant pickup Retrogamer anywhere here in holland... :-(

BTW, any news on GamesTM, when they will reappear again?

PS.. would you mind striking my last name from the news bit? Im just weird like that:-)

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:30 pm

Done!

The new GamesTM has only just been released under the Imagine Publishing label as issue 41 picking up where it left off with the previous 40th issue.