"Mini Digital Video Cartridge" option.What does th

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
xxjustinukxx
Burn:Cycle Activated

"Mini Digital Video Cartridge" option.What does th

Post by xxjustinukxx » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:05 pm

Hello once again to you all!

Ive had a bif of a cufuffle with my Digital Video Cartridge and my CDI player (but if you read my other post you'll be able to see that!)

I noticed that when i open the CD tray, there's a sticer there which says something along the lines of "Mini DV Cartridge Option"

what does that mean?

im just curious!

Justin :?
"Try not. Do or do not...There is no try" - Yoda

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:48 pm

As you have read there are two types of digital video cartridges. You state you have a 210/45, right? That one uses a small cartridge model. The sticker just states the option to insert a small DVC into the player, so you'll be able to play FMV titles. You don't have to, hence the 'option' (the player also works without).

xxjustinukxx

Post by xxjustinukxx » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:58 pm

Thanks bas!

So, am i right in thinking that that option is there to play the movies only? because, as i was saying "Mad Dog McCree" works fine on my player (without a DVC), so im assuming the other DV games will work too?

sorry if it seems like im asking stupid questions, i just want to know if im going to need to buy another DV cart now.

thanks!

Justin :D

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:18 pm

When Mad Dog is working OK, you'll find no problems with any other DV games and/or movies. No need in buying another cartridge.

xxjustinukxx

Post by xxjustinukxx » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:42 pm

Thats great!

Thanks Bas! you're a star!

thats made my day! :D

Thanks for all your help with all my other questions too!

Justin "very relieved" hepton! :)