cd-i magazines

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Sharpius
Burn:Cycle Activated

cd-i magazines

Post by Sharpius » Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:29 pm

After looking at all the pics of the dutch cdi magazines on the website philipscdi.com.....i thought to myself, lets check on ebay if there are some cdi magaqzines for sale..

Well, i did not had to search very long, because on the belgium ebay, i found all, yes all the dutch magazines, for 15 dollar cent each...

Talking about getting lucky for a change..

I just received the magazines, and its great to read all the articles, all the reviews and previews....

I am lucky to be dutch, because every day new cdi stuff are being put on sale on the dutch marketplace website www.marktplaats.nl....

I now have many games..and now its time to collect all the remaining rare games like de zaak sam, big bang show and golgo 13, to name a few...hopefully one day i will have them all...

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:54 pm

Collecting is a great thing, really. Now the dutch magazines are all added to the network, this is a great way to enjoy the articles again! Ofcourse, like with a newspaper, having a 'paper version' is often better to relax with. Or you just want to have the originals. Try to get the UK CD-i magazines as well. I enjoyed the UK ones much more comparing with the NL magazines. It seems like the dutch magazine was very low on the preview side of expected games with no certain release date. I love the stupidity of the UK mag reviewing Discworld for CD-i with the CD-ROM version. Classic.

What kind of rare titles do you own, Sharpius?

[edit]if you're after rare games, try to get this one:

I've seen it once on the French eBay. It's lovely.

Sharpius
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by Sharpius » Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:28 pm

2 years ago i bought a cdi with 75 games, and only since recently i started collecting some more games....and controllers.....i recently bought a boxed mouse and a boxed child controller..very nice...

I try to follow the gamelist on this website..i thought the games on that list are all the games that has been released..

These are the games that i dont have and are on the list of this website:

Alfapet
Big Bang Show
Cluedo The Mysteries Continue Digital Video Cartridge
Do you remember the 60s
Goal!
Golgo 13
Hieroglyph
Jack Sprite Vs The Crimson Ghost
Lettergreep
Plunderball
Solar Crusade
Sport Freaks
The Vision Factory Bundle Disk
Whack a Bubble
What's it Worth
Wordplay
Zaak Sam, de

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:31 pm

Outside of my own collection i've never seen another Alfapet, let alone for sale so that's gonna be a tough one. Same goes for Golgo 13 which has only been found in another collectors hands. Jack Sprite and Plunderball you can still get from oldergames. We're not sure of the existance of What's it Worth although I do have a promotional video somewhere for said game! I believe this was a very early release which didn't enjoy further pressings or distribution in later life which would explain lack of presence in the here and now! Asides from Zack Sam and Solar Crusade you shouldn't have too much trouble although I should mention what we refer to as The Vision Factory Bundle Disc is in fact called Free Gold Club Disk, you can find comprehensive coverage of that one at this link
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"