Several questions ...

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
twel
Burn:Cycle Activated

Several questions ...

Post by twel » Sat May 13, 2006 7:40 pm

i am interested in (german - although i have lord of the rings, star wars trilogy and phantom menace) vcds as well - do you collect these too? i would like to know how many bond films were brought to disc by philips (i have eleven).
i once read that there is a cheat for dragon´s lair to watch it as a movie - is that true?
does anybody own a goldstar 1100 model?
thank you ...

WindowsKiller
Karmic Church Disciple

Re: Several questions ...

Post by WindowsKiller » Sat May 13, 2006 8:19 pm

twel wrote:i am interested in (german - although i have lord of the rings, star wars trilogy and phantom menace) vcds as well - do you collect these too? i would like to know how many bond films were brought to disc by philips (i have eleven).
Unfortunately, I've never seen a complete list of VCD titles released in Germany. :( I don't really collect VCDs, although I've got a few. But I think I'll start collection them soon, as watching them an a CD-i 350 is quite cool. :D (got one of those beasts a few weeks ago)
twel wrote:i once read that there is a cheat for dragon´s lair to watch it as a movie - is that true?
The Black Moon Project doesn't have any cheats for Dragon's Lair, so I doubt it exist. I know that this cheat exists on the Amiga version of the game, but that doesn't mean anything, of course.

twel

Post by twel » Sun May 14, 2006 7:27 am

ah ok ... never played it on the amiga. i use my 370 to watch vcds - i really have a lot of them (i couldn´t find any list too). a way better combination than any portable dvd player! :D ... haven´t seen portable cdi devices on ebay germany for a while. is that case for the 370 worth getting?
Last edited by twel on Mon May 15, 2006 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

WindowsKiller
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by WindowsKiller » Sun May 14, 2006 7:04 pm

twel wrote:haven´t seen portable cdi devices on ebay germany. is that case for the 370 worth getting?
The only portable player I ever saw was this one:
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 5881735865

And that's the one I bought. 8) Still can't believe that I got it that cheap.

The original case is always worth getting, I wish I had a case for my CD-i 350...
Last edited by WindowsKiller on Sun May 14, 2006 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sun May 14, 2006 7:26 pm

Depends if you'd use it or not I suppose! Have a softcase for my 370 which is brilliant, just chuck all the gear for it including cables, games, controller and the player itself then kick it out the way to make some room. Which seems to be at a premium at the moment!
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

WindowsKiller
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by WindowsKiller » Sun May 14, 2006 8:21 pm

A softcase is great if you want to take the player with you, but it does not protect the player against damage.

twel

Post by twel » Sun May 14, 2006 9:42 pm

i got my 370 from ebay germany ... i thought the official case was a hardcase - i really like the big cdi logo :D it would be nice because i don´t have the original packaging for my player. unfortunatly the battery back doesn´t work any more so there´s no point carrying it around. i believe that i wrote a mail to devin about that some time ago ... did anybody ever open the case of the batteries?

Paisley CDi

Re: Several questions ...

Post by Paisley CDi » Sun May 14, 2006 11:30 pm

twel wrote:i would like to know how many bond films were brought to disc by philips (i have eleven)
As far as I know there were only 11 James Bond movies released on VCD by Philips. I have got 11 as well.

twel

Post by twel » Mon May 15, 2006 7:22 am

:? thought maybe in english there were more released than in german. so no secret service and golden gun ... in germany exists a nice package by philips including the six connery films and a book about the series until goldeneye - in a card box.

Paisley CDi

Post by Paisley CDi » Mon May 15, 2006 2:28 pm

twel wrote::? thought maybe in english there were more released than in german. so no secret service and golden gun ... in germany exists a nice package by philips including the six connery films and a book about the series until goldeneye - in a card box.
All 007 VCD's I have are UK editions and, no, I have never seen Golden Gun/Secret Service/Spy Who Loved Me. I would be very surprised if they existed. The set you're talking about I have never seen but sounds interesting. There was a boxed set in the UK which somewhat fancifully was called The James Bond Collection and contained the first 3(!) Bond movies :roll:.

stefh

Post by stefh » Mon May 15, 2006 6:34 pm

I believe the dragon's lair cheat only exists for 3DO, but maybe the commands can be translated and also work for the cdi.

for 3DO:
Unlimited Lives
Press Up, Down, Left, Right, Up, Down, Left, Right on the title screen.

View all FMVs
Start a new game, and make Dirk lose all his lives. On the continue screen, press right, right, left, left, down, down, up, up, P. If you put it in correctly, the game will restart and show you all the winning & losing scenes.

But I don't know what the P button is on the cdi controller.

Hope it works.

twel

Post by twel » Mon May 15, 2006 7:33 pm

thanks for your reply - unfortunatly they didn´t work for me :? ... i have a gamester joypad somewhere - if i find it i´ll try again. maybe thats more accurate. it is hard to tell if i´ve managed to enter the right commands with the philips pad ...

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Mon May 15, 2006 8:33 pm

Yeah the Philips pad is crap, if it were going to work then the Gamester is the way to go!
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"