Post your CD-I collections! (Mine Inside!)

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Captain J
Softech Recruit

Post your CD-I collections! (Mine Inside!)

Post by Captain J » Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:47 am

Since we are all big fans of the CD-I here, I thought everyone could post there CD-I collections! I'll start woth mine! here are some pics!

Here is a shot of most of my software collection (first shelf across and right half of the second shelf) , I am about 75% complete, mostly needing big box doubles, I also have the complete AIM collection brand new and mint

here is a little closer shot of the left half

that little stack above the french language box sets are a bunch of my rare demos and kiosk discs but my prize posessions are my orginal us retailers cd-i press kit with disc and of course my Super Mario Wacky Worlds prototype!

this is just a small shot with two systems and some pmpro stuff they gave me when they went out of business. i own every model of cd-i ever made and my favorite are my brand new in the original shipping box cdi model 602 and my near brand new cdi 180/181/182 (i couldnt take a picture since it is carefully packed away, but below is a pic from icdia.com)

well i am curious to see everyone elses collection so get in here and show it off! :D
Last edited by Captain J on Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Now you know, and knowing is half the battle!

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:37 pm

Nice fanny pack :lol:

Mine is not so nicely presented as yours but rather strewn about my hobbie room with other mad crazy experiments going on! Currently got my 360 (CD-i not XBOX!) linked through an external video capture device with at least a thousand leads coming out of the little beast.

My best piece without a doubt is my Burn:Cycle Promotional Pack...

I'll see if I can grab a few snaphsots of other bits I have that might interest readers.
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

Captain J
Softech Recruit

Post by Captain J » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:34 pm

Devin wrote:I'll see if I can grab a few snaphsots of other bits I have that might interest readers.
please do! i would love to see the rest of your stuff, im also curious to see what bas has as well and everyone else that posts here!

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:53 pm

I think it's well documented in these forums that Bas isn't a collector as such, he simply acquires one of a kind prototypes like Microcosm! :wink:

Michael would be the one to watch, he can probably put all our collections to shame. Not even individually but the sum of all our collections at that! :shock:

Captain J
Softech Recruit

Post by Captain J » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:50 am

Devin wrote:I think it's well documented in these forums that Bas isn't a collector as such, he simply acquires one of a kind prototypes like Microcosm!
i know but i still think it would be neat to see all his one of a kinds all right next to each other!

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:18 am

I was amazed when I saw Michiel's (Erronous) collection, he just has so many players and almost every title available. Such a collector I'm really not, but that doesn't mean I don't have my share of titles. The only thing is, most of them are piled in boxes. They're certainly not as nicely exhibited as yours Joe! The main part is about the games which are of the most interest to me. I guess I only miss a few of them, and sometimes I feel the urge to complete them when I see a nice one on eBay, but until today that didn't happen!

A few ones that spring to mind:
-Escape from Cybercity
-Voyeur
-Kether

Especially with Kether I was very surprised about the quality it achieves on CD-i. Very impressive. I have a bad second hand 50 cent copy of that but my collection only allows brand new editions :)

I guess the most valuable part of my 'collection' is the mass of text/info from CD-i developers with all the correspondence we had with them, a part of this is documented on the forums. Ofcourse the one-of-a-kinds prototype titles caught my interest in CD-i the last years. It's about these titles that have a major history behind them which I find very interesting. There's still a lot to come so it keeps getting better and better. So in fact, I like to collect this history rather than the physical CD-i software/hardware library.

Nevertheless, I can take a few pics of them, although CD-R's with prototype software aren't that spectacular :D

Great collection you have Joe, looks like you're a real Nintendo fan, aren't you? still eagerly awaiting your new project ;)

Now, for the one of a kinds, I'll only post the ones which have been posted before, and for the others you'll just have to wait until I/we will expose them on Black Moon (still, if you've read all my posts, some hints are given ;) )

At the moment, I'm in contact with an old colleague from Gordon (for those who pay attention ;), which should result in some nice coverage about another unreleased project.

Merijn
CDinteractive Moderator

Post by Merijn » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:20 pm

It's not Pinguin related is it? ;-) Or is it that other one.. (The Big Zo one? ) :-)

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:09 am

you mean like Vinnie? That would be sweet, but I'm afraid there is not much to find out about this one. Some drawing sketches, but (as always) they can't find any. Maybe later, who knows....

Captain J
Softech Recruit

Post by Captain J » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:03 pm

Bas wrote: They're certainly not as nicely exhibited as yours Joe!
its all about presentation! 8)

Captain J
Softech Recruit

Post by Captain J » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:04 pm

Bas wrote:Nevertheless, I can take a few pics of them, although CD-R's with prototype software aren't that spectacular :D
i would still love to see them!

Captain J
Softech Recruit

Post by Captain J » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:06 pm

Bas wrote:Great collection you have Joe, looks like you're a real Nintendo fan, aren't you?
thank you very much. that is just a small portion of my nintendo collection of which i am very proud of. some highlights from those pictures include:

1.a nintendo 64 dd system
2. a "panasonic q" gamecube system
3.the complete famicom mini set
4.my castlevania and zelda collections
5. a bunch of rare various nintendo systems

Captain J
Softech Recruit

Post by Captain J » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:08 pm

Bas wrote:At the moment, I'm in contact with an old colleague from Gordon (for those who pay attention ;), which should result in some nice coverage about another unreleased project.
sounds great i cant wait to see it!

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:48 pm

Captain J wrote:Some highlights from those pictures include:

1.a nintendo 64 dd system
2. a "panasonic q" gamecube system
3.the complete famicom mini set
4.my castlevania and zelda collections
5. a bunch of rare various nintendo systems
Ummm Panasonic Q :P

I'd love to own one of those at some point, just for the pure Retro-Delight of it in future years!

Captain J
Softech Recruit

Post by Captain J » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:41 pm

i love that system, its awesome how it plays gamecube games AND dvd movies. also when the system is on, it has a blue neon light that surrounds the control ports that looks very cool. a bit pricey, but i recommend it to all!

xanfan
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by xanfan » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:16 pm

I still think that the coolest piece of CD-i memorabilia that you have is that Meaning Of Live informercial... *hint hint* ;)