That Mario picture from CD-i Magazine

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Bas
CDinteractive Admin

That Mario picture from CD-i Magazine

Post by Bas » Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:27 pm

Something I always wanted to know, and perhaps one of you know the answer!

In CD-Magazine UK Edition, one of the first issues, Mario was introduced in a news article stating Philips was working on games like Super Mario Wacky Worlds and Mario Takes America. However, where does that picture come from? Maybe (perhaps?) it's a copy from the Famitsu Magazine, or just from another Nintendo Mario game. OR is it an official screenshot Philips provided?

I've no idea, but I don't think so anyway. You?

Here's what my fuss is all about:

Kao
Softech Recruit

Post by Kao » Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:34 am

To me it looks like something that artists at Philips or wherever did themselves. Can't be too sure, though.
It's like 1993 all over again!

WindowsKiller
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by WindowsKiller » Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:26 pm

This picture was also used on the cover of an issue of the Club Nintendo magazine. That was around 1990, I think I still have that issue somewhere...

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:40 pm

ooh maybe that Nintendo magazine was also talking about the CD-i then! I hope you can dig up that cover, Windowskiller!

WindowsKiller
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by WindowsKiller » Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:43 pm

Bas wrote:ooh maybe that Nintendo magazine was also talking about the CD-i then!
It certainly wasn't. :lol: That picture is not related to the CD-i at all. I think it was part of the Super Mario Bros. 2 promotion. I'll see if I can find the issue tomorrow, then I know for sure.