Why? Tell me why!!

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Why? Tell me why!!

Post by Devin » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:39 pm

Do I get the urge to buy The Apprentice whenever I see it on ebay? :?

Am I insane? I mean I already have probably 5 duplicates of this game :shock:

tgn_rogue
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by tgn_rogue » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:57 pm

When I first saw the title for this thread I thought it was about the actual CD-i title "Tell me why" haha.

And hmm .... I wouldnt say insane might be a rare form of OCD though ;).

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Re: Why? Tell me why!!

Post by Bas » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:10 am

Devin wrote:Am I insane?
I feel the same with Creature Shock, a few months back I bought my third copy just because it was on ebay. What the hell was I thinking!

With The Apprentice I really think the USA cover is more beautiful than the Euro version. I would buy duplicates if I see that one again ;)

Gir Draxa
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by Gir Draxa » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:40 am

Its NOT insane to be compelled to buy copies of a game you like.

It IS insane to buy dozens of copies of a game you hate, then argue with yourself about how much you spend on them and never use them. Then agree not to buy anymore, but secretly plot how to sneak around behind your own back and buy more. Then get mad when you catch yourself and start the whole thing over again.

Ah if we only had video game therapists, then we could all deal a little easier with the scaring memories of some of 1990's game hell-dom.

But, I digress,
Drax

ps.

Here's 5 games I'd be insane to buy more than one copy of :

1.>Shadow: War of Succession (I'm insane here. 2 copies, though 1 japanese)
2.> Link: The Faces of Evil (though it'd sell to other crazies on ebay, I'd never pay the ebay prices for them. Yard sales & Flea Markets!)
3.> Alfred Hitchcock Presents (WTF kind of waste of a license is that!???)
4.> Fighting Masters (18 moves per character... including : move left, move right, jump, jump left, jump right... ouch!)
5.> Kabuki Warriors (um... who crapped on my X-Box?)
CEO of the (in search of a home) CD-i Collective and 3DO Collective

rdjnl
Softech Recruit

Post by rdjnl » Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:22 pm

I have a european version of the apprentice. I could see myself buying an american version because it has a different cover...

But I prefer the european cover over the american.

This thread reminds me: I recently saw an auction on eBay for 15 copies of Mad dog "Mcgree" ( :roll: )

tgn_rogue
Karmic Church Disciple

Re: Why? Tell me why!!

Post by tgn_rogue » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:16 am

Bas wrote:
Devin wrote:Am I insane?
I feel the same with Creature Shock, a few months back I bought my third copy just because it was on ebay. What the hell was I thinking!

With The Apprentice I really think the USA cover is more beautiful than the Euro version. I would buy duplicates if I see that one again ;)
Haha well to be honest I think most collectiors/games have at least one thing they would buy repeatedly if they saw it for sale. Is one of the reasons I have several copies of one game on all the consoles i ahve bar CD-i, and only then as I dont have an ebay account.