Mutant Rampage - will it become a reality?

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Alan_Eng
Karmic Church Disciple

Mutant Rampage - will it become a reality?

Post by Alan_Eng » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:05 pm

HI everyone

I've heard on the news today that human/animal embryos may be created and used for research in the future.

This means that we could have Mutant Rampage coming to life - it could be the beginning of 'hybrids' and 'mutants' being born. Who knows, we may have news reporters like 'El Wolf' on the six o'clock news.

I'd volunteer to play the role of Rack Saxxon if things get out of hand. I'm looking for a Daemon Stone and do we have any females on the forum to play Tory Swift?

:D

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:50 am

It would be quite phenomenal if they managed to create a cross animal hybrid. Notice I don't distinguish between human and animal because in a biological sense we are all animals. It's only this huge brain of ours that sets us apart! Anyway, with these tests they're simply experimenting at the cell level. It's hardly going to evolve into an embryo carried to full term now. So no! No 'El Wolf'! :D

Alan_Eng
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Alan_Eng » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:19 pm

Well, ok, but worth raising on the forum don't you think? :lol:

Hope you're ok mate.

Alan

Philipscdi.com
CD-i Site Admin

Post by Philipscdi.com » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:29 pm

I think the most essential part of your post, Alan, is the question if there are any female CD-i fans reading this! In my experience, women usually have better stuff to do than that! I can only remember my sister being addicted to Voyeur when I just bought the game, and my wife's comment on silly games like Accellerator or Dimo's quest. (OK, Dimo's Quest isn't that silly... ) But neither would ever start reading whatever me and my fellow CD-i-nuts would have to say on these forums. Please, please correct me if I'm wrong, and please don't be offended by my stereotyping, everyone. :wink:

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:08 pm

It's a great pity that video games has built up this stereotype. I mean most games in the past seems to be pitched towards the young male. Certainly if you're looking for mega sales at least! Nintendo seem to be reversing this trend and I hope games like Bioshock which is astoundingly detailed and visionary with a solid plot will bring more into the fold. Maybe the powers have finally learnt that games don't necessarily have to be pink to be for girls!

Alan_Eng
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Alan_Eng » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:58 pm

Devin

I couldn't agree with you more mate, although it's strange how we've moved onto this discussion from my original tongue in cheek look at the news headlines / Mutant Rampage :D

I still don't know one woman who is a gamer though :roll:

Maybe we should try a recruitment campaign to get some girly cd-i fans onto Blackmoon?

Alan

tgn_rogue
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by tgn_rogue » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:42 am

I find it sort of interesting how most people seem to not know many/if any femlae gamers, yet almost all of the girls I know are gamers, and concidering im friends with more girls than guys that might have something to do with it.

And as for the comment about the people in charge realising it doesnt have to be pink, I believe it was Konami had a fair few games out years ago that were versions of games aimed at female players, the Tokimeki Memorial series for instance had several "for girls" versions released, that if I remember correctly were fairly good sellers, as was the Game Boy versions of Harvest Moon.

Now it might just be that I have as weird a taste in games as well as music but I actually liked the originals of Tokimeki Memorial, eaven though I couldnt understand a single thing in them as they were never translated from Japnese lol, but I actually found one of my now closest friends through a mutual interest in the Harvest Moon games that were originally started off as a release on snes.

Then again this reminds me of a topic in one of the issues in PCZone where they did a story on female gamers, I cant remember the exact conclusion of the issue though, ill have to digg it up out of the piles n piles of issues.

BUT anywho back on topic of the Mutant Rampage theme, It is looking slightly likely that it COULD happen eventually but the chances are slim, as they will most peobably be forced by law or pollitical pressure to terminate their findings after a few months or so of study, and short of going down the Military conspiracy/block buster movie storyline route for building soldiers rather than recruiting them, or the technology when it becomes old going out on the black market I dont really see much hope of the theme/backstory of the game becoming reality.

Saying that, thinking about it it would make for an interesting watch to have Mutant Rampage turned into a film, eaven a B-movie if anything else would make for a slightly interesting viewing.