Newb Question =P

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Vincent XIII
Softech Recruit
Location: InASmallCornerAlone... NOT im not an emo or anything! or am i?idonthaveaprobwithemostheyaresexyLOL

Newb Question =P

Post by Vincent XIII » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:53 pm

um i heard that the memory is stored on the battery (like the saturn) and i was wondering 3 things first are there any 2nd party memory cards? and also when the battery dies does all the memory delete? and when the battery is dead does that mean you cant boot the cdi or play games or is the battery only for the memory? =P sorry for my newbishness =P

^-^
Happy Today! and remember Santas watching you! and he has a shotgun he uses on the bad kids XDDD

Alan_Eng
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Alan_Eng » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:57 pm

Hello!

No need to apologise! :)

In answer to your questions.... there are no memory cards available for cd-i. The portable cd-i players (with the exception of the cd-i 350/360) have a battery back-up for the memory which can be replaced (it is a CR2032 battery).

Unfortunately, other cd-i models to our knowledge do not have this feature, and when the internal clock goes that's it in respect of keeping high scores etc. But you are still able to play games (as I do with my own cd-i 350).

To enable full cd-i gaming to continue into the future, you need to look out for the Sony portable (although this does not accomodate a digital video cartridge), cd-i 370 or Goldstar GPI-1100/1200. There is also another rarer model that Devin found a few years back (I thiink it was called the DVR or something) which also has an interchangeable battery.

I hope this helps!

Alan

Vincent XIII
Softech Recruit
Location: InASmallCornerAlone... NOT im not an emo or anything! or am i?idonthaveaprobwithemostheyaresexyLOL

Post by Vincent XIII » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:12 am

hmm about how much does a replacement battery cost?
Happy Today! and remember Santas watching you! and he has a shotgun he uses on the bad kids XDDD