european exclusives?

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
mattyg
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by mattyg » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:59 am

I am in no way a major contributor to this site but even I have noticed a slowdown in traffic of late. My collection covers more than 30 different consoles and the CD-i holds such pride of place in my home it is one of only five consoles permanently connected.
In the coming weeks I will be completely cataloguing what I have and hopefully posting some pics.

If this site ever reaches a point where shutdown is imminent please consider linking/merging with your sister site 3do Zero - you guys are all welcome there and the CD-i is shown some love!

cdiplayer
Softech Recruit

Post by cdiplayer » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:58 pm

mattyg wrote:I am in no way a major contributor to this site but even I have noticed a slowdown in traffic of late. My collection covers more than 30 different consoles and the CD-i holds such pride of place in my home it is one of only five consoles permanently connected.
In the coming weeks I will be completely cataloguing what I have and hopefully posting some pics.

If this site ever reaches a point where shutdown is imminent please consider linking/merging with your sister site 3do Zero - you guys are all welcome there and the CD-i is shown some love!
Waaaaaaaaaait this place is connected to 3do Zero?! *flinches* oh jesus. :shock: :cry:

mattyg

Post by mattyg » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:42 am

Oh yes - Zero is its illegitimate child!

cdiplayer
Softech Recruit

Post by cdiplayer » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:24 am

mattyg wrote:Oh yes - Zero is its illegitimate child!
*passes out* well lets just say that place wasn't exactly very friendly when I tried to join......... :cry:
Thank goodness that those jerks don't have a ton of power over here.....do they?

mattyg

Post by mattyg » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:40 am

mmmmmm........2 of the moderators in common for a start.

cdiplayer
Softech Recruit

Post by cdiplayer » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:41 pm

mattyg wrote:mmmmmm........2 of the moderators in common for a start.
oh well Bas is one of them I know. who's the other one? Bas wasn't involved on what happened at the 3do Zero forums

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:57 pm

What happened at the 3do forums? I don't regularly visit that place. It got its own taste. Devin is the other one, basically the guy who is paying the bill. Both forums are stored on his server. the 3do forums he started after the CD-i one was all set up and slowed down a bit.

About merging, I don't think that will happen. It would take away the dedicated CD-i spirit that it got. It is in the end the only living forum specifically about CD-i. Along with Interactive Dreams the biggest CD-i library where you can find answers about all you want to know about CD-i.

If we reach a point where Devin don't want to pay the bill anymore, both forums will be out of air anyway. At that point, we still have Interactive Dreams and we'll communicate how to set up a new CD-i forum, perhaps at my own server. I will keep CD-i alive, perhaps just a little bit, but still ;)

TheCDiFanboy92
Softech Recruit

Post by TheCDiFanboy92 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:16 pm

Bas wrote:I will keep CD-i alive, perhaps just a little bit, but still ;)
if i can help with anything you name it ;)
i dont want to see this fade away ;)

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Trev » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:50 pm

I'm curious also what troubles were encountered on the 3DO forum? We tend to all get along quite well (heck, we've even invited Atari fans to join recently :lol: ) Did you ask for an iso or something? That will get you on the mods black list ...

cdiplayer
Softech Recruit

Post by cdiplayer » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:28 pm

Trev wrote:I'm curious also what troubles were encountered on the 3DO forum? We tend to all get along quite well (heck, we've even invited Atari fans to join recently :lol: ) Did you ask for an iso or something? That will get you on the mods black list ...
3doguy.......I assume you know all about that problem. Yeah I got banned apparently becasue I didn't know enough about the 3do to make a realistic offer for a 3do on the forums so they thought I was a scammer and banned me :cry:

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Trev » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:45 pm

Ahh, gotcha. Your 2nd account was banned also? :? Strange ... some of the senior members (myself included) did go to bat for you if thats worth anything (but I'm sure you know that from reading the posts) Coulda been handled better on both ends. (lack of an intro and early buying posts on your part raised flags for some) Sorry, I wish I was a mod, but if you wanna chat 3DO, post in the general section of this board and I'll keep an eye out.

cdiplayer
Softech Recruit

Post by cdiplayer » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:12 am

Trev wrote:Ahh, gotcha. Your 2nd account was banned also? :? Strange ... some of the senior members (myself included) did go to bat for you if thats worth anything (but I'm sure you know that from reading the posts) Coulda been handled better on both ends. (lack of an intro and early buying posts on your part raised flags for some) Sorry, I wish I was a mod, but if you wanna chat 3DO, post in the general section of this board and I'll keep an eye out.
Yeah thanks. I joined the 3do today forums as a substitute but it doesn't look as if they're very active :( and yes my second account was banned for some reason. I did try to get in contact with 3DOkid on why I was banned again but apparently he just ignored me because I never got a response

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:20 am

cdiplayer wrote:
Trev wrote:I'm curious also what troubles were encountered on the 3DO forum? We tend to all get along quite well (heck, we've even invited Atari fans to join recently :lol: ) Did you ask for an iso or something? That will get you on the mods black list ...
3doguy.......I assume you know all about that problem. Yeah I got banned apparently becasue I didn't know enough about the 3do to make a realistic offer for a 3do on the forums so they thought I was a scammer and banned me :cry:
Ouch! I could unban you but I think it's better to send a mail to Devin (contact is here), I'm sure you can work things out.

cdiplayer
Softech Recruit

Post by cdiplayer » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:40 pm

Bas wrote:
cdiplayer wrote:
Ouch! I could unban you but I think it's better to send a mail to Devin (contact is here), I'm sure you can work things out.
Actually I don't really wanna join the community there because after all that I just don't think I could ever fit in.