LG ISE (Interactive Screen English) CD-I's

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Fromato
Burn:Cycle Activated

LG ISE (Interactive Screen English) CD-I's

Post by Fromato » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:00 am

Hello people,

I have been offered a bunch of movies which I can't find any information about on the net but believe they are movies that are for teaching English to Chinese people. The brand is LG, there's lots of Chinese on the front and back covers, and they're part of a "ISE Series ..." with ISE Interactive Screen English quite prominently displayed on the case and every movie having a pretty similar layout to the cover. There is a booklet with them of the movie scripts and information of words, slang, idioms etc in the booklet so I'm told.

Does anyone know anything about these? Do the stand alone as movies to watch in English or are the pretty worthless as a movies titles collection? The guy can't play them, and I'm not even certain the Philips 220 I just bought (with ton of games) & arriving soon has DV play capabilities or requires a cart (which I don't think it has) so I mightn't even be able to play them if I get them.

They look pretty legit from the pictures but I don't want to spend a three figure amount on something that might be cheap & unofficial media.

Cheers
C>

Alan_Eng
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Alan_Eng » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:46 am

Hi there

I haven't heard of those movies before, but if they are MPEG-1 compatible they will play on your cd-i 220 once it is fitted with the DV cartridge. Beware though that some videocd's will not play on Philps cd-i, as they are the wrong 'version' (I think there's 1.0, 1.1 & 2.0 - not all work on cd-i).

If you find your 220 doesn't have a DV cart, I've seen one on
e-bay.co.uk for £6.99 which I think is compatible with the 220.

If you are looking for more movies, you can easily find them on e-bay or Good deal games in the USA.

All the best,
Alan