I have a couple of questions about some genres on cd-i

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
TheCDiFanboy92
Softech Recruit

I have a couple of questions about some genres on cd-i

Post by TheCDiFanboy92 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:47 pm

I have a couple of questions about some genres on cd-i:

Is there RPG's on the cd-i(exept the 3 zelda games?)
Is there a fighting game?
Witch race games are there on cd-i?

tlh
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by tlh » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:41 am

Yes in RPG, my favorite is Defender of the Crown. And yes, the fighter of choice is Mutant Rampage. IMO, this system is really not a gaming system of sorts. What this system did probably better than any other system in its day was FMV. Just look at Dragons lair 1 and 2, and Space Ace. Oh my, the MPEG graphics ( assuming you have the video card ) are still worthy even by todays standards. There is a large library to collect, and some games I think are getting nearly impossible to fetch. Hope this answered your questions.. tlh

TheCDiFanboy92
Softech Recruit

Post by TheCDiFanboy92 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:55 am

tlh wrote:Yes in RPG, my favorite is Defender of the Crown. And yes, the fighter of choice is Mutant Rampage. IMO, this system is really not a gaming system of sorts. What this system did probably better than any other system in its day was FMV. Just look at Dragons lair 1 and 2, and Space Ace. Oh my, the MPEG graphics ( assuming you have the video card ) are still worthy even by todays standards. There is a large library to collect, and some games I think are getting nearly impossible to fetch. Hope this answered your questions.. tlh
tell me something about defender of the crown is it like zelda or is it turn bassed?
And mutant rampage is it a good game? are there reviews for it??

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:58 am

Defender of the Crown is a strategy game, not really a RPG.... I think Zelda's Adventure is the only game that comes a little close to the RPG genre (ofcourse, it's more an adventure )

CD-i has no real RPG, unfortunately.

You can read more about Defender of the Crown here.
And read about Mutant Rampage here

Besides Mutant Rampage (which is more something like Double Dragon) there is Rise of the Robots, which is technically nice if you know the background of CD-i, but it's a bad game in general compared to other console versions!

TheCDiFanboy92
Softech Recruit

Post by TheCDiFanboy92 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:15 pm

Bas wrote:Defender of the Crown is a strategy game, not really a RPG.... I think Zelda's Adventure is the only game that comes a little close to the RPG genre (ofcourse, it's more an adventure )

CD-i has no real RPG, unfortunately.

You can read more about Defender of the Crown here.
And read about Mutant Rampage here

Besides Mutant Rampage (which is more something like Double Dragon) there is Rise of the Robots, which is technically nice if you know the background of CD-i, but it's a bad game in general compared to other console versions!
hhmm maybei will get defender of the crown and those fighters :wink:

thanks for the help :D