New game discovery!

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Calypso
CDinteractive Moderator

Post by Calypso » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:19 am

Found some pictures of ADI CM2

FRONT

BACK

Bought the France version today, waiting for the delivery.

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:17 pm

I have the typical jewel case version, this however seems to be the golden oldie long box (breaking hinge) case typical of CD-i.

Also, hello Calypso, been a while! :D

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:47 am

Just picked up CM2 and CE1 which should have seperate levels of Gobliiins according to the CD-i master Alan! :D

Checked the files on each disc and discovered a 140KB file called cdi_gob.mdo, I'd imagine this is the game Gobliiins. Interestingly the exact file size on both CM2 and CE1 is 147,456 Bytes. Now I wonder if the complete game is here (combined levels) the only difference being that particular levels are accessible under each edutainment title?

cdoty
Frog Feast Dev

Post by cdoty » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:21 am

Devin wrote:Just picked up CM2 and CE1 which should have seperate levels of Gobliiins according to the CD-i master Alan! :D

Checked the files on each disc and discovered a 140KB file called cdi_gob.mdo, I'd imagine this is the game Gobliiins. Interestingly the exact file size on both CM2 and CE1 is 147,456 Bytes. Now I wonder if the complete game is here (combined levels) the only difference being that particular levels are accessible under each edutainment title?
I wonder how hard it would be to create a standalone version of the game? Although, I guess it would depend on the save for unlocking levels.
Visit RasterSoft on facebook or visit the website.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:02 am

Devin wrote:Just picked up CM2 and CE1 which should have seperate levels of Gobliiins according to the CD-i master Alan! :D

I wonder if Devin can make some screens or video footage of Gobliins :)

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:51 pm

If my French were better and I could get as far as the game levels then yes! :D

Actually I'm probing around this story, more when I get it.

Alan_Eng
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Alan_Eng » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:20 pm

Thanks Devin for your compliment! :)

I don't know about you, but I have not been able to do the first level on either disc :oops:

Charles, a standalone version sounds great. It's a bit of a pain that you have to ''study'' to unlock more levels!

Very hard game this one.

GameCubed
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by GameCubed » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:08 pm

That's very neat to be able to play Gobliins on the CD-i. I used to love those games back in the DOS days -- really classic adventure point-and-click gaming. I remember getting absolutely stuck on one of the sequels as a kid, and I never finished the game. I found the manual for the PC game awhile back, but I think my dad threw away the disks :(