cdi games which is more rare, colored disc, or uncolored?

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Frustrated
Burn:Cycle Activated

cdi games which is more rare, colored disc, or uncolored?

Post by Frustrated » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:02 am

i have 2 copies of zeldas adventure, 2 copies of wand of gamelon, and 2 of faces of evil.

1 set is complete, with color on the discs.
the other set has no cases, and all the disc fronts have the right designs- but they are colorless. are these rare? or any rare then the normal ones?

http://s475.photobucket.com/albums/rr11 ... 93bb82.jpg

Look rare?

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:13 am

Looks copied. All CD-i retail discs were printed in color ink. Even the pre-release discs had a different lay-out. The photo you're showing is a little vague, but all I can make up for it is that those are copies, homemade, not rare, worthless. Originals like these do not exist, as far as I know.

To add, the Nintendo CD-i games are not rare in general, in fact, those are the most common found CD-i games (even Zelda's Adventure). The fact you fanboys want them and pay way too much money for them is just about the fact it's being licensed by Nintendo. So it's not typical either those 'colorless' versions show up on the Nintendo CD-i games: someone wants to get a little extra pocket money :)

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:23 am

I've been around CD-i for years and these I have only seen in recent days.

I think the general consensus is that these are fakes, they do look like the sort of thing you can achieve with a LightScribe CD-ROM drive.

Usually if we're dealing with the clear CD-i discs then they were kiosk releases and indicated as much with clear red writing on the disc 'Demonstration Only'.

Frustrated

Post by Frustrated » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:32 pm

As much as i do enjoy being called a nintendo fan boy (which i'm not) i did not make these games. they came with a cd-i i bought on ebay, and the other set i bought to resell. I also am in the process of creating on online review show... and if i have a cd-i, i belive those games are esential to review.

I didn't want to sell those here. sorry if i came off wrong. but are you guys POSITIVE they're copies? cause i'd be really upset i just blew all that cash on them...

and to prove i'm not a nintendo fanboy: i hate the wii, which is just a copy of a mid 90s arcade machine, and the gamecube is the 6th worst system ever.

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:39 pm

I don't mind what your colours are, as long as we can help you then everything is fine! :D

In my experience everything about those discs screams that they are a copy. For the reasons I mentioned before, along with the fact they are in modern jewel cases. Another tell tale sign would be the condition of the discs underside. They look far too clean for software going on 15 years old.

If they were on ebay and I wanted an original copy of those games then I wouldn'd bid on them. That's how certain I am. Hope you didn't pay too much for them. They do look really nice however.

Frustrated

Post by Frustrated » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:44 pm

amazingly, most of my uncopied, colored discs are nearly unscratched XD anyway, they are the full game on all 3, and work 100%, so i guess it's not bad. I got a 450 (not sure if saves work yet) the 3 copied games, and a gamepad controller for 120 US.