controller conversioin questions

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Frustrated
Burn:Cycle Activated

controller conversioin questions

Post by Frustrated » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:26 pm

I have a homemade converter that allows me to use sega genesis controllers on cdi. so far all i've tested is the 6 button genesis, and it works great. but when i plug it into the splitter, it no longer registers?

Also, if i were playing mad dog mcree, and i used the sega genesis "justifyer" gun, is there any chance it would work?

CD-inexperience

Post by CD-inexperience » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:55 am

I doubt that the gun would work but I don't know for sure.

How would I go about getting one of these converters?

Frustrated

Post by Frustrated » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:39 am

CD-i Inexperience wrote:I doubt that the gun would work but I don't know for sure.

How would I go about getting one of these converters?
They are homemade- a few pop up about once a year on ebay for 20 US.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:58 am

The CD-i Gun works a little different compared to other console guns... The gun does not work like a normal lightgun, e.g. by timing the electronbeam from the TV-screen. The CD-i lightgun works with an IR-sender in the small box and a directional IR-receiver in the gun itself (like with the Wii-remote). From the angle and intensity of the received IR it is calculated where the gun is pointing at. (So instead of a more standard lightgun, a CD-i lightgun will also work with LCD TV's and beamers.)

That genesis bazooka you're talking about works like a standard lightgun, so it doesn't work.

Frustrated

Post by Frustrated » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:25 pm

Bas wrote:That genesis bazooka you're talking about works like a standard lightgun, so it doesn't work.
its a little pistol, is the PAL version different?
i suppose it still wouldn't work though, its a standard light gun.
thanks for the info.