CDI 910 w/DVC Lost in fire, now what?

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
WillowFox
Burn:Cycle Activated

CDI 910 w/DVC Lost in fire, now what?

Post by WillowFox » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:37 am

My uncle bought the Philips CDI 910 back when it first came out in the USA, it was roughly 800$, I asked him if I could have it one day since he now no longer uses it, it had the DVC installed and tons of games, he said YES.
I was so excited, but I got a call later that day that his kitchen caught fire, and the storage room that held the CDI player had burned, the console was gone but the games were in another room.
He gave me those.
However the foil has appearently rotted off of them over the years so now I am left with nothing. It is very hard to find a 910 and DVC anywhere and I fear I am going to lose the game console I grew up with forever to the winds of time.
Then I noticed the emulator, I decided to download it and try it out.
I only had ONE disc that wasn't damaged, it was Laser Lords.
However, I could not get it to rip.
A friend of mine tried it and he couldn't either.
We tried playing it with the emulator directly from the cdrom, we tried ripping the disc with a serial cable connected to a borrowed unit from a friend he had. Nothing. I could not save even one game.
I don't know what to do, I would like to play them again, Lil Devil and Chaos Control especially. But I don't know where to get players games or anything and I've scowered the televerse in search of them. I found ONE digital video cart on ebay but it was 30$ plus shipping and I don't want to risk it as I have no player.
Is there anyone out here who can tell me where to go to get a machine or even if it's just a working emulator?