Unused audio in Kether?

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Seb
Softech Recruit

Unused audio in Kether?

Post by Seb » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:45 am

As some of you might have seen, I recently did a video on Kether (thanks for putting it on the Interactive Dreams page by the way Bas). As a little side project I'm trying to get all the music from the games I cover out there too for people to download. So I did this for Kether now, and amongst the audio files I found one that had a bit of Khork that I never heard in the game before and I owned the thing ever since it came out too! He invites Melhor to join forces with him, pretty interesting.

Is this an unused audio clip? Or did I just miss something in the game? There is also a low quality audio bit that informs the player that there's not enough memory to save the game, in a REALLY boring tone. The Dutch version is much clearer and better sounding. I'm not sure if these are actually in the game still either, never tried to start up the game with the memory being full.

Anyway, I thought it'd be interesting to share. I've made a video to showcase the music and around 7:36 in you can listen to the audio clips I mean in both English and Dutch. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFQvUxTAZnc
Check out my YouTube channel for some CD-i reviews!

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:32 am

I wonder if there is anyone here who has played Kether on CD-i recently :)
I played it years ago for the last time. But it's a nice way anyway to hear again the music of CD-i games! Very nice, thanks!