My CD-i vids

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
qw4tt0r
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by qw4tt0r » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:53 pm

Nice, I've been subbed to your channel for a few months now.
Didn't even knew you were on this forum too. ;)
Philips CDi 210, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Advance SP, 3DS, N64, Game Cube, PS1, PSone, PS2, PS3 slim, PSP, Xbox, Xbox 360, PC.

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Trev » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:07 pm

Seb wrote:Been a long while huh? But I finally put together a new video about a CD-i game. This one is on The Lost Ride.

You can find it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gnuy1nLPLhw
Enjoyd the new CD-i video Seb. :)
"Third down, bases are loaded, and we're pullin' the goalie!"

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:45 pm

That's the first time youtube has footage of the Water World and the Future World!

I love this, Seb, thanks for sharing! I'm sure it was a pain to make this video!

The graphics are amazing on CD-i, but it's so hard, so unfair, so full of bugs, that it takes a lot of time before you get to the end of the game.

If somebody wants a copy and pays a good price: I still have two copies here, brand new.

Seb
Softech Recruit

Post by Seb » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:21 pm

Thanks guys!

I'll probably put up a video with all the end stages and death scenes soon. I've got them anyway, might as well share the experience, as I don't think they're available yet. I am rather annoyed about the graphical glitching going on from the capture though, other CD-i games don't seem to have this problem.

@Bas: The game is manageable, but I did get really annoyed with how long it can take if you take a wrong turn. I would have loved a featured to turn around, maybe in exchange for some energy or something. I also later noticed that I wasn't truly fair about the pause comment, as going to the menu stops your energy from draining. Something else I noticed, but didn't end up mentioning, was that saving/loading is apparently only possible in one save slot. I made multiple saves before recording in the three different worlds, but ended up having to do the game all over again when I wanted to record. All five slots only had my last save. Technically it's still a very impressive game though and I'm glad I picked it up all those years ago.
Check out my YouTube channel for some CD-i reviews!

rupert
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by rupert » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:43 am

I've spent the last hour or so watching your videos, some really entertaining stuff, thank you.