Scotland Yard Interactive

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Scotland Yard Interactive

Post by Trev » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:57 pm

I used to own this disc ages ago when I first got a CD-i & was buying games from pmpro. Sadly, by the time I finally got around to playing it, my player kicked the bucket ...

I am curious about it, as I've no real memories of it so to speak. It was one of the few CDi games that I did sell (possibly as it is not all that common) and now I kinda regret it.

Info doesn't seem to be all that common on the CD-i version. Any reviews or youtube videos out there?

Alan_Eng
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Alan_Eng » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:56 pm

Trev, it is based on the popular board game. You can play two modes, either ''classic'' or ''London Special''. You also have a multiplayer option. If playing by yourself, the aim of the game is to catch Robi X by using various modes of transport around London. You can play as various characters, for example Miss Marple, Sherlock Holmes and the game features plenty of still images from London.

Tbe two modes are very similiar really..

The game is easiest found on ebay.de, so you still have a good chance of playing it if you can buy a working cd-i player.

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Trev » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:11 pm

Thanks for the info. I'm actually unfamiliar w/the board game, so I'll try to look that up to get a better idea about the game.

Do you think its worth the time/cash to track it down? Where does it rank among CD-i titles? Any reviews that you know of?

Alan_Eng
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Alan_Eng » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:14 pm

I've actually seen one today on ebay Austria. So it's not that hard to find. Just make sure you have the English language version. Don't know of any reviews Trev, but yes it is a fun, easy game to play so I would buy it.

Seb
Softech Recruit

Post by Seb » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:42 am

I've got this game. Never knew it was a UK exclusive... I got it with a stack a while ago. I've been asked to make a video on this title a couple of times. I've held off of it though, as I'm not familiar with the original boardgame so it's pretty hard to say how faithful it is to that.

From what I can gather, it's a pretty decent port of the boardgame. It also features a nice help function, so that us who are unfamiliar with the original can still get into it too :) I didn't spend to much time with it really.
Check out my YouTube channel for some CD-i reviews!

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Trev » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:23 am

I'd really like to see a vid if you ever do get around to it. :)

Seb
Softech Recruit

Post by Seb » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:26 pm

I'll see what I can do. Lately I've been pretty busy on some other things and it has been hard to make any video's, let alone one one that I really don't know to much about myself.
Check out my YouTube channel for some CD-i reviews!

proxy10

Post by proxy10 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:54 am

I'll see what I can do and get back to you later.