Dark Castle reviewed by the VGC

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Dark Castle reviewed by the VGC

Post by Trev » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:55 pm

http://www.videogamecritic.net/

Nice to finally see a new CD-i review from him.

I remember this game having terrible control ... not sure if I'd give it an F though.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:11 am

Nice to see they do something about CD-i again! I actually played Dark castle not too long ago and I was amazed that it was actually better than I thought it was (and always read about it)

Alan_Eng
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Alan_Eng » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:32 am

Yes great news that he has done another cd-i review. I have to say that I agree with him completely here, and thought it was quite funny! I've always said on blackmoon that I think this is the worst cd-i game - I've attempted to play it but just can't get anywhere. It is also very frustrating!

But I love every other cd-i game :D

Seb
Softech Recruit

Post by Seb » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:37 pm

Great to see another CD-i review on there for sure! A shame i had to be this monstrosity haha. I can never manage to go far, the controls are so frustrating. I also HATE how they zoomed the screen in so much. I understand that the CD-i can't handle the full room with everything going on in it, but you completely lose overview. You'll just have to remember where the bats will be coming from...
Check out my YouTube channel for some CD-i reviews!