HIGH SCORES!!

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.

Good Idea? Will you join in?

Yes
83%
No
17%

Total votes: 6

Kempyt
Burn:Cycle Activated

HIGH SCORES!!

Post by Kempyt » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:30 am

Thought it would be a good idea and might even give the odd person who has not played CD-i in a while an excuse to get back on, but if we start a high scores thread were you can obviously submit your high scores on your favouite games and will give you something to try and beat. I have only recently started playing my CD-i again and I am hooked on Pinball, Hotel Mario, Mystic Midway, 7th Guest, Tetsuo Gaiden, infact I could list quite a few more. I will start things off with my top scores on Pinball (Dogfight) and Mystic Midway and I know the scores will be beaten very quickly but need to start somewhere. Really hope readers on here are ok with this (let me know) and hopefully this will turn into some friendly compitition for everyone.

Perhaps someone who is better with computers than me could create some kind of leaderboard to submit scores too.

Anyway hope to hear from you soon

Pinball Dogfight - 140550

Mystic Midway Rest In Pieces - 21160

P.S I wanted to add screen shots but not sure how?
Top 3 games - 7th Guest, Dimo’s Quest, Pinball

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:12 am

We tried that four years ago but there was hardly interest. Unfortunately. Still, you need screenshots to prevent you guys cheating your ass off ;)

You'd better contribute here to the old thread

Kempyt

Post by Kempyt » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:39 am

Bas

your not going to believe this but that was me! I recently changed my user I.D as I could not log onto the forum on my old name no matter what I tried.

How do you add the pictures? I will upload pictures of my scores too. Hopefully others may get involved, the CD-i might not be able to go online anymore & submit scores but we can do the same on here :D

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:04 pm

haha that's nice :D

You can upload pics to websites like Flickr, Picasa, and then link to them here. There's no picture attach utility, you have to do that manually

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Trev » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:23 pm

I might give it a try.

Austin
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Austin » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:06 am

I'd like an excuse to play my CD-i more, but I only have access to a few score-based games: Mystic Midway: Rest in Pieces, Alien Gate, Dimo's Quest, Pac-Panic, the Namco Arcade collection, both Golden Oldies, and.. I think that's about it (Most everything else I have are adventure titles, or DVC games which I can't play because I do not own a cart).
The IMPLANTgames Podcast - Episode 66: http://implantgames.com/implantgames/podcast66

Kempyt

Post by Kempyt » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:07 pm

Austin, I have those titles too, I will be playing them soon so get your scores up on here :D

Austin
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Austin » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:21 am

I just received Pinball in the mail today, but after giving it some time, I don't think I will torture myself to try and score high on that one. :lol:
The IMPLANTgames Podcast - Episode 66: http://implantgames.com/implantgames/podcast66

Kempyt

Post by Kempyt » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:46 am

Austin, stick with it and it becomes a really great game, I personally only like the dogfight table, Alan_uk plays the pinball game too so I'm sure he will be posting a top score soon!

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Trev » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:15 am

Kempyt wrote:Austin, stick with it and it becomes a really great game, I personally only like the dogfight table, Alan_uk plays the pinball game too so I'm sure he will be posting a top score soon!
Pinball on CD-i was a letdown, no question. Had a little more thought and care went into it, it could've been a lot of fun. As it stands, the tables are far too sparse to be enjoyable for any great length. I'm a huge fan of Pinball games, but CD-i didn't represent the genre well w/this release. :(

Kempyt

Post by Kempyt » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:19 am

I agree that it could of been better but certainly have played pinball for hours on the dogfight table, yes it's simple and can be frustrating but I enjoy it! I'm after plunderball too

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Trev » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:50 pm

The Dogfight one is probably my favorite, followed by the beach one. The other two are boring ... there is almost nothing on the robot table, and the last one is so forgettable I can't even remember what it is (except that it is that ugly yellow) And where is the music?

I'm also after Plunderball, and hope to add it to my collection soon.

Austin
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Austin » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:24 pm

Yeah, I stand by my word.. I just personally do not find it fun. It seems to be more about watching your ball bounce between a few bumpers, with maybe a fat guy or two here and there to run into as well. And the flipper action is just terrible.. Keep in mind though I'm also a big console pinball fan as well (and have recently been getting into real pinball), so it's especially tough for me to go back to something like this after playing them. For instance, I spent hours on the Williams Pinball Hall of Fame collection for the 360 last night, I spent a while on Hyper 3D Pinball and True Pinball for the Saturn last week, and Super Pinball: Behind the Mask on the SNES just before that, all being pretty good representations of the genre for their time. It's to each their own though.. if you can enjoy the CD-i pinball, then I salute you. :)
Trev wrote:I'm also after Plunderball, and hope to add it to my collection soon.
Same here. I believe GoodDealGames still has it, too. I saw a review of it and while it doesn't look like it will outdo any other digital-pinball classics like Pinball Fantasies or Epic Pinball, it looks like a big step up from the original CD-i pinball.