Which player is the beast : 205 / 210 / 220?

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
dealstokie
Burn:Cycle Activated

Which player is the beast : 205 / 210 / 220?

Post by dealstokie » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:31 pm

Just wanting to know, incase I end up selling one and keeping one :)
Cdi forever, I so love retro consoles !!!

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:51 am

All very similar players. What I would suggest is looking at the exact model of your CD-i players and comparing it with the chart on ICDIA available here.

Obviosuly if a player you own has 32KB of NV-RAM you'd want to keep that over a version with only 8KB. Another consideration is the type of Laser Module, if it has the reliable CDM9 then keep it as it would likely outlast the other inferior drives.

dealstokie

Post by dealstokie » Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:55 am

Nice one :)
Cdi forever, I so love retro consoles !!!

InTheSand

Post by InTheSand » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:08 pm

Devin wrote:Another consideration is the type of Laser Module, if it has the reliable CDM9 then keep it as it would likely outlast the other inferior drives.
... with the caveat being that when it does eventually die, replacement CDM9s seem impossible to find whereas the 12.1s are commonplace - unless someone would like to correct me!

- Ali