Repair help

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
lizdew
Burn:Cycle Activated

Repair help

Post by lizdew » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:05 pm

Hi all - am so happy I found this site. I have a cd-i 470, with games and controller etc, and am dying to get back playing the old favourite games - Little Divil/Apprentice/Christmas Country/Crisis/7th Guest - I have them all - but the console doesn't work. I don't have a clue about lithium batteries, timing belts or anything else electronic sorry. I spoke to Philips on the phone, and they were incredibly unhelfpul, in fact, refused to do anything to help at all, other than advise me to look for a local electronics engineer. Because it wasn't "on their system" they couldn't do anything about it.
I don't know whether any old local electronics person might help - is there anyone on here who might offer some suggestions/help please? :?

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Trev » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:36 pm

Did you use the search function? There are a ton of articles here on the forum dealing w/repair issues. Check there first. If that doesn't help, you'll need to be more specific on what your issues are.

Best wishes.
"Third down, bases are loaded, and we're pullin' the goalie!"