CD-i promotion stuff

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
XCLTempesT
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by XCLTempesT » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:49 am

If you want to trade Zelda's Adventure for the Smurfs game? :-)

I have a mint condition Zelda's adventure that I would happily trade for that title!
(somehow I doubt you will accept the offer, being a real CD-I collector)

I really would love to have that game, hmm why didn't I know about that ebay auction.

lemmi
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by lemmi » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:22 am

Shroo-man wrote: now I have more Philips stuff than I do Nintendo and Sega.

Without doubt I have spent more money on my CD-i collection than anything else

I still have more CD-i stuff but I don't want to show everything - I should keep my stuff to myself like a normal CD-i collector :roll:
im the same way but with the 3DO, now all my Sega items might come close to the 3do but i would have to add SMS to DC :)

i have every receipt from 1997 (which is when i got serious about collecting) to now and a few years ago i totalled them all up and i got these numbers
CD-i - $1260
3DO - $4591 <--- this total doesnt take off the stuff ive sold recently like the 3extra systems, multiples of games, couple of guns and other things
its probably close to $3000 by now

CD-i collectors keep stuff to themselves? as in they dont show items they got or dont talk about the items period?

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:08 am

I really think CD-i collectors in general are older in age comparing to the Nintendo and Sega geerations, which attracts the younger audience at first I believe. And they are much more familiar and open with the Internet world.

Shroo-man
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Shroo-man » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:50 am

XCLTempesT wrote:If you want to trade Zelda's Adventure for the Smurfs game? :-)

I have a mint condition Zelda's adventure that I would happily trade for that title!
(somehow I doubt you will accept the offer, being a real CD-I collector)
its tempting but sorry no its much too rare. I would only trade it for a copy of the elusive Golgo 13 or Mah-Jong.
XCLTempesT wrote: I really would love to have that game, hmm why didn't I know about that ebay auction.
it was listed in a massive lot on ebay.fr. I couldn't see it in the photo but it was in the games list so I made an offer he couldn't refuse for him to seperate it (50 euro). he also charged an extra 30 euro for postage :roll:. still worked out to be cheaper than the average Zelda's Adventure though. btw I hope youre still around xlctempest