Les Guignols De L'Info

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Les Guignols De L'Info

Post by Bas » Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:51 pm

french cd-i game?

I don't know anything about this one. Alan, do you still have any scans of this title?

Erronous
CDinteractive Moderator

Post by Erronous » Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:46 pm

Publisher: Canal+ Multimedia
Conversion to CD-i: ICDI

Comes with a 31-page hardcover booklet with instructions and a description of the characters. The game is based on a popular French puppet series portraying celebreties (there's also a German version of this show).

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:27 pm

have you played it? does it require a DVC? what kind of game is it?

Erronous
CDinteractive Moderator

Post by Erronous » Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:00 pm

Yes, it needs DVC. I played it for a bit, it looks like you're playing a journalist in "world company" and you need to get higher in the company. The first parts seems like a point-and-click adventure in a drawn environment. Of course when you don't understand French, it's a bit pointless :).

KuroNeko
Softech Recruit

Post by KuroNeko » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:37 pm

Ack, I had to sit throught this thing at least a hundred times :lol:

It's fun if you like the TV series it's based on, bit like Spitting Image if you know that old show. Political satire, so you really need to know a bit of the background from back then to fully appreciate the clips. The Pulp Fiction spoof with Chirac as a mob killer wa hilarious.

The game itself was pretty straightforward, you needed to find a few clues to find out about some scandal, and the reward was the video clips. Once played, not much replay value.

Neko

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:17 pm

do you (or anyone else) have a copy? I want to see the cover...

KuroNeko
Softech Recruit

Post by KuroNeko » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:20 pm

Sorry, don't have it. I do recall seeing it floating around on the web, maybe Ebay in France?

Neko