Bart J. Besseling, Paul Wilkerson & Rob Fulop (CDi)

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Ruekov
Karmic Church Disciple

Bart J. Besseling, Paul Wilkerson & Rob Fulop (CDi)

Post by Ruekov » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:24 pm

Bart Besseling wrote:Bart Besseling, founder and CEO of Quarium, Inc., has a 1981 BSEE/CS degree from Haarlem Technical University in the Netherlands.

Prior to founding Quarium in 1995, Mr. Besseling spent three years at Electronic Arts as Software Development Manager for 3DO Products. Prior to that Mr. Besseling spent two years as co-founder, CFO and System Integration Partner at Network Support Services in Los Angeles, developing nation-wide communication networks for Nissan and developing interactive CD-ROM titles for Philips CD-i. In 1990 Mr. Besseling came to the US from the Netherlands as Engineering Manager of Microproject Corporation, a Dutch manufacturer of Unix-based microcomputer systems with close ties to AT&T Bell Labs.
Paul Wilkerson wrote:Paul Wilkerson, Vice President of Technology, joined Quarium in 1995. Mr. Wilkerson has a degree in Computing and Information Sciences from Oklahoma State University. Prior to joining Quarium, Mr. Wilkerson spent four years as Senior Engineer at PF Magic developing CD-i, 3DO and Sega titles, tools, and technology. Prior to that Mr. Wilkerson was a senior engineer at Biomation developing software for their line of logic analyzers. Mr. Wilkerson also spent 3 years with Philips Interactive, managing the tools and emulator development for CD-i. In addition Mr. Wilkerson has spent time at Lincom, where he helped develop military satellite resource management tools and real time military satellite voice emulation. Mr. Wilkerson has over 20 years of experience working on various computer systems and languages for various industries.
More in http://www.quarium.com/Company/management.jsp
Rob Fulop wrote:As the founder and Creative Director of PF.Magic, a "multimedia gulch" startup in 1990, Mr. Fulop produced and directed Third Degree for Phillips Interactive Media. Rob's second title for the CD-I platform, Max Magic went on to win the Melia Award for "Best New Entertainment Title" of 1995.

http://www.robfulop.com/rf2/maxmagic.htm

¿ Do you know it ? What are the games made Bart J. Besseling & Paul Wilkerson?

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:32 pm

Let's find out, i've just sent an e-mail to see if Paul would be willing to discuss his work at PF Magic for CD-i.