Burn:Cycle announced for the Sega Saturn

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Burn:Cycle announced for the Sega Saturn

Post by Bas » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:19 pm

April 3, 1996
Burn Cycle announced for the Sega Saturn

Phillips has announced that they will be releasing their CD-I hit game Burn: Cycle for the Sega Saturn. Burn: Cycle is generally regarded to as the best game ever for the CD-I.

did that ever happen!?

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:45 pm

I'm not entirely sure, I think it was eventually released.
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

Ruekov
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Ruekov » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:48 pm

Goo[d]gle have answer:
Burn: Cycle unreleased
for Saturn

Published by: Philips
Release date: Unreleased
Media type: CD

The Saturn version of this game, originally released on the CD-i, was apparently completed, but it contained more video than the Saturn could handle. The game works fine on the developer's console, so Philips didn't realize their was a problem until Sega checked it out.

The game is set in a cyberpunk world and you play as an information pirate who mistakenly downloaded a virus into his brain. Now you've got to find a cure.
http://gamerland.com/games/cgi-bin/show ... i?id=11017

Tech aspects. Sega saturn isn't a FMV (real actors) console, for this reason few fmv games (foxhunt for example) was cancelled.
For luky (or disaster), digital Pictures with her "Intravideo" system works fine in sega saturn systems :mrgreen:.

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:55 pm

Hmm, i'm not convinced. Remember we shouldn't believe everything posted on the net as truth!!

I probably have some information rooted in my old Sega Saturn Magazines, i'll have a read of them and check.
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

Ruekov
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Ruekov » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:14 pm

Devin wrote:Hmm, i'm not convinced. Remember we shouldn't believe everything posted on the net as truth!!.
Yessss!!! view this page :lol:
Spanish And Italian Are The Same Language
http://www.mrxswebpage.com/

PD:
http://www.gamespot.com/gamespot/featur ... links.html

Gamespot confirms...
Burn:Cycle
Platform: Saturn
Publisher: Philips

The Basics
Burn: Cycle was the Saturn version of the Philips CDI game by the same name. The setting would have been a William Gibson cyberpunk future where you, as info-pirate Sol Cutter, had downloaded a computer virus into your brain and must find a cure before it destroys you.

WHAT HAPPENED?
The game was all but finished when Sega informed Philips that the title exceeded the amount of video the system could handle by several minutes. The game tested fine on the developer's systems, so Philips wasn't aware of the problem until Sega got its hands on Burn: Cycle.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:00 am

i can't find anything about this, no pic, no release, nothing. I really doubt its existance!