Hotel Mario

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Hotel Mario

Post by Bas » Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:46 pm

First of all, read an excellent review here!!

This game is still one of the best i've seen on the cd-i. By using the stills instead of scrolling backgrounds, they were able to show more moving enemies on screen at one time, which makes it a dynamic environment, with all the traditional Mario characters, i really think this title is of great value.

Moreover, is this really the only title starring Mario characters on another console? (apart from Donkey Kong on...... Commodore?)

Be sure to check out the final scenes, because they're obviously the best of the whole game. If you don't want to play through the game before playing the final level, use the cheats you'll find here!

yokohama
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by yokohama » Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:42 am

Last edited by yokohama on Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:07 pm

I distinctly remember Donkey Kong on my Spectrum as well :P

Believe i'd be right in saying that starting from the 8-BIT era Nintendo property was exclusively found on Nintendo hardware alone for all future releases. This is why the CD-i situation is so peculiar with one Mario game and three Zelda titles. Fair comment?
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:09 pm

absolutely! Yet i've seen Mario Bros for CD-ROM (no emulation), but i'm not sure if that was a legal thing or anything, i don't think it was a nintendo original either!

Kao
Softech Recruit

Post by Kao » Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:27 pm

Early consoles and arcade machines saw releases of Donkey Kong and the original Mario Bros.

The PC got a few licensed games like Mario Teaches Typing, Mario Time Travel (or something to that extent), and Mario Is Missing.

CD-I got Hotel Mario, Zelda: Wand of Gamelon, Link: Faces of Evil, and Zelda's Adventure.
It's like 1993 all over again!