Usage of the CD-i Store

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Usage of the CD-i Store

Post by Bas » Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:02 pm

Is it a good business? Can you share some info about how many people are suing it? Perhaps we should advertize it a bit... Where do you get the products from?

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:38 pm

Well I certainly hope nobody sues me...but i'm guessing that's a typo!!

Is it a good business? Well it broke even about a year and a half after it first went on-line. The entire stock was purchased from McNo, here's a little logo to jog your memory:

Basically Alan McNought the owner of the business was retiring, so McNo would have dissolved and likely the entire stock would have ended up in a skip. So I put up a substantial amount of money to buy out the remaining stock and then ""The CD-i Store was born!! Since then i've found the occassional purchase that could be put on-line for sale but business is sporadic, sometimes you go a month with nothing and then suddenly ten people e-mail with orders. It's a really strange business but its principle service is to provide these games at a reasonable price.

dealstokie
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by dealstokie » Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:32 pm

Hi Admin.

So the store is still up and running to order from?

How much is postage on games?
Will order some bits of you in the next couple of weeks..
Cdi forever, I so love retro consoles !!!

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:42 pm

Yes the store is of course still active and postage depends where your worldly location is, the store is located in the UK if that helps.

dealstokie

Post by dealstokie » Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:22 pm

yeah Im in the UK

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:30 pm

Excellent, then postage would be reasonable. Always good to have fellow UK CD-i fans on the boards...I sometimes get the feeling these Dutch are ganging up on me :wink:

dealstokie

Post by dealstokie » Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:46 pm

lol,

Is there many cdi users on this or other boards, I hope tihs site take off.

Im hooked on CDI because when I left school, I tried to get a mate to buy one for me on credit !!! I can remember it was £499, and the extra games bumped it to around £650 :)

But he never got the credit, so I bought one second hand, and used to buy software weekly, after about 10 months, I sold it for my first computer !!!
486.dx100 :)

Now I have just got into collecting retro games, I have a cdi 220 plus dv cart, and 46 games, so not a bad start, plus 2 diiferent controllers and 19 mags !!

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:21 am

At the moment we're 13 members strong!!

Still growing though and considering we haven't been active in these forums long that's not bad going. It's developing quite well I think.

Always seems to be the way doesn't it, selling off your old prestine Retro Collection only to reinvest interest in it again in the future!! Same happened to me I had the Megadrive and Master System with loads of games all in great shape and sold the lot. Try getting a prestine boxed Megadrive or Master Sytem nowadays at a reasonable price!!

Fortunately my Amiga collection is completely intact :D

I'm like a Gaming Zeolot in recent years, I throw nothing away. Everything gaming related is in great condition and go to great lengths to get loads of promotional stuff for the current generation of machines. Pretty lucky really as a local independent just puts all this stuff be it posters, stickers, magazines, CDs and flyers on the counter for you to take away for free!!

Recently got a couple of Capcom flyers for Devil May Cry 3 and Haunting Grounds which look really impressive. Plus a God of War teaser poster and a massive Alien Hominid to devour all my floor space :twisted: