Mass Media

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Mass Media

Post by Bas » Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:58 pm

I can't help but feeling nostalgic when i see their list of completed projects right here

As far as i know the only division of Philips Media Games which is still operational these days.

Look at all those awards the cd-i titles have won: lazy link

I can't remember all those different awards: ALAS Awards, New Media Invision Awards ... Cd-i Association (=ICDIA?)

Do you know of more titles who have won these kind of awards?

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Re: Mass Media

Post by Devin » Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:12 pm

Bas wrote:Look at all those awards the cd-i titles have won: lazy link

I can't remember all those different awards: ALAS Awards, New Media Invision Awards ... Cd-i Association (=ICDIA?)

Do you know of more titles who have won these kind of awards?
Yeah CD-i Association is our beloved ICDIA!!

ICDIA gave awards to Philips Advanced Development and Support (ADS Exists!) for work on Pac-Panic and well deserved it is too. I've been addicted to this game for the past week after revisiting it's playability again. Also i'm sure The Apprentice won awards from the ICDIA, I have an ICDIA journal somewhere that mentions certain awards i'll have to dig that one up.
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:17 pm

yeah they're also published in the dutch magazines somewhere, in the last one 'Lost Ride' even got a prize for the soundtrack! The Apprentice has won several prizes as far as i remember.

(which ones?)

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:15 pm

Huge redesign Mass Media put through and it all slipped through my eye ;)

CD-i still has a place in the 'softography' but unfortunately they erased the Philips part from their company history.

Oh, and they painfully mispell Philips as Phillips. Being an ex-philips company, foolish :shock:

Gir Draxa
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by Gir Draxa » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:40 am

heh,

As I recall that was the answer to my trivia Q a while back.

But I digress. MM did have alot of great titles (and a few not so greats) under it's belt.

Drax
CEO of the (in search of a home) CD-i Collective and 3DO Collective